This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backed Up????

Hello All. Here is the new question for the day.My snake has eaten 3 mice in the last week and so far everything has went in fine just nothing has come out yet if you get my drift.Please tell me if there is something I shoud do or should I just wait it out.Thank You Draven

Re:Backed Up????

Draven,

One thing you need to know is that a snake will not use the bathroom every time it eats. My boas will go about every 3-4 weeks. Also, you may want to consider switching to a larger prey item. If your boa is eating 3 mice a week, try switching to a small or medium rat once a week. Rats are higher in protein, ounce per ounce, than a mouse. If you haven't already done so, I highly recommend that you read the care guides Clay has available. The link button is at the top left of the forum home page. Good luck!

Jeff

Comment

One thing I forgot to mention...

If after a couple weeks you notice that your boa still hasn't gone to the bathroom, try soaking it in warm water for about 20 minutes. I soak mine once a week and when it comes time for them to go, they always seem to do it in their soak bin! The warm water tends to relax their muscles and make it easier to use the bathroom.

Jeff

Comment

Good job Fonzy. I would do exactly what he says..

Comment

I fully agree with what Fonzy said.

When you soak you boa make sure the water is just a tad cool on your hands.. Just like very luke warm. It should feel just a tad cool to your touch. To warm is not good for your boa.

Good luck..
          Steve

Comment

I would definately recommend switching to a proper sized rat. Even new born boas should be started on rats.

Comment

like they all said..try the water soaking thing . 3 mice?? are you power feeding ? or is it say like 3 pinkies? if so like the rest said up it to a bigger prey.

Comment

I would like to thank all of you who have answered my questions on here.I have switched to smaller rats instead of the mice and she seems to like that meal alot more.My next question would be is there anything I should look for in the feces after she does go Thank You DRAVEN

Comment

Hey Draven,

Not unless you lost something..LOL JK'ing..

The fecal mater should be brown and firm. The urates are white and mostly hard like chalk...

If you have watery poo, or anything looks funny, just bag it up and have the vet do a smear and check it..

Hope that helps..

Steve

Comment

;D ( Not unless you lost something..LOL) Steve your to funny.... Yup i totaly argee with what Steve has just told you... LOL!! Steve!!!! ;D

Comment

Working...
                    X