This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrolytes For Boas

i HAVE SEEN DROPS FOR DEHYDRATION, SOMEONE ALSO SUGGESTED UNFLAVORED PEDIALYTE? IS THAT FINE TO PUT A LITTLE IN THE WATER OTHER SUGGESTIONS AND WHAT AND HOW TO USE.
    THANK YOU
    MOOZE

Re:Electrolytes For Boas

Pedialyte works get the non-flavored stuff... Most people that use that ether offer it two or three times a week or keep two water bowls in the cage... You can get electrolytes from a nutritionalest... It is super hard to find it non-flavored.... I found a 10 gallon bucket of it and have used very lil' in five years...
    (electrolytes that is)...
    My snakes all lov' it... I don't give it to my corn or rosy boa... just my boas.... My gecko gets nothing but pure artiasion(spelling?) well water... We have them bubbling up all over around here.... some are tapped so you can fill jugs... That is what I do 10 months of the year.. Oh I am rambling... any ways what I was trying to get to is that artishen wells have plenty of electrolytes in it already... the water system filters it out with the iron.... so tap water has to have it added....
    Eric aka....Red
    Hope this helps....

Comment

Is there a certain dosage of unflavored pedialyte to give to a boa. Or certain amount of drops in the water.
      thank you
      mooze

Comment

Mooze,

The only time I have used pedialite is when I have gotten in a dehydrated snakes in and I would soak them in it straight.. I never added any to their water, so maybe red or someone else who had tried it could give you more info

Steve

Comment

Well it can be full stranth but the snake most likly wont drink it... So I just add a lil' bit of it.. to the water... but I use the electrolytes... Not pedialyte..
          And I have got my snakes usta' it...
          Just experament...
          Not much at all is what I would go with...
          Eric aka....Red

Comment

mooze you can even user gatorade...but use the clear stuff unless you want a purple snake.. i guess the best thing to do is..add a lil bit to the water at a time and step it up each week or 2.

Comment

Working...
            X