X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ___LEE___
    replied
    Re:Shed.. how long

i agree clay but my newest baby her or his eyes go really really blue almost white during the blue stage kinda wierd but o well and it just shed all one piece last night so it is eating a nice sized fuzzy rat right now.

LEE

Leave a comment:

• WeLsH
    replied

Ohh and congrats on your perfect shed. ;D

Leave a comment:

• WeLsH
    replied

Cool! Thanks Clay, I didnt know that.

Leave a comment:

• ClayEnglish
    replied

Also, the eyes generally cloud more and more the older the boas get. I have adult boas that have eyes that go completely white sometimes.

I have noticed that babies generally "fog" over.

Leave a comment:

• DnM1992
    replied

Well she shed today. And it was so cool. She shed in one piece also.

The Python we used to have never looked so pretty after a shed as Diamond did. Her tail is beautiful now. It was very pretty before but so bright now.

I took pics and I will post them after my hubby sees them so I can resize them.

Leave a comment:

• ___LEE___
    replied

true all my snakes when they are in she the beginning they go blue for a day then the next day they are clear and no problems then they shed a couple of days after the blue phase.

LEE

Leave a comment:

• BMoore
    replied

Yea, same here. Sometimes I never see their eyes in blue because they are in their hiding spot but I don't think they stay cloudy for long so I think it is very possible that they can shed their eye caps overnight.

**Beth**

Leave a comment:

• WeLsH
    replied

I think it is normal. The last shed my Boa had her eyes didnt even really get clouded. I saw she was a little dull in color than the next day came home and she had shed a perfect shed. The whole phase took like two days. Weird but she is very healthy so I am not worried.

Leave a comment:

• LAW66
    replied

I've had my baby for about ten months now. Shes shed approx. nine times so far and is entering shed again as I speak. Of the nine times, her eyes have clouded over just twice. Is that normal? Is it possible for the eyes to cloud over then clear up over night?

Leave a comment:

• sclark
    replied

OK been said a few times.. But here is my take with Boas

First the boa will start to get a dull look to its whole body. Then it almost starts to look dusty. Then the eyes get blue. Stay blue for 2-4 days. After the blue in the eys clear it will take 2-5 days depending on many factors.. I would suggest you try to maintain the humidity to 60% all the time. The only extra I do when the boa hits blue phase is to mist once a day.. Clean shed every time..

Hope that helps..
    Steve

Leave a comment:

• WeLsH
    replied

I think 70-80 humidity is fine during the shedding phase, your snake should not get any scale rot as long as you arent spraying the substrate. After her eyes clear it could be any day before she sheds.

Leave a comment:

• bigmitch
    replied

;D Everything sounds good although 75-80% humidity is pretty high. Even when your boa is in shed... You don't wan't your boa to get a bad case of belly rot due to the high humidity. Good luck...;D

Leave a comment:

• Weazel
    replied

Sounds like she'll be fine... and I know how you feel, when I first got my baby, I was paranoid as heck. Always wondering, if the temp was right, or if the hide-box was too small, etc...

Mine has shed 4 times, and not one problem any of those times... So i'm not as paranoid anymore... (keyword: 'not as&#039 hehe

Just be sure to leave her be when her eyes are cloudy and until she sheds... They need there time alone during those periods...

Leave a comment:

• DnM1992
    replied

Thank you. I just noticed today that her eyes are back to almost normal.

Yep we are keeping the humity up at like 75-80% right now.

I am hoping she sheds in one piece so I can keep my baby's first shed (well with us anywy not sure if she has before) I am a pretty proud momma ..LOL

Leave a comment:

• Weazel
    replied

I'm not sure if it varies much between snakes, but with mine, her eyes will get cloudy for about 2-3 days, then about 2-3 days after they are 'not' cloudy any more she'll shed.

Once her eyes get cloudy I raise the humidity in her enclosure to about 70-80% in stead of it's normal 50%-ish...

Hope this helps, I'm sure some other will chime in with there thoughts...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X