X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPRAYING FOR SPIDERS

Okay guys.............

I need to spray for bugs because now we are getting blackwidows in our house. 7 in one week and babies. (At least I think they are blackwidow babies) Well I HAVE to spray but I don't want my snakes to be harmed. I was wondering if there was a spray least toxic to the snakes. I want to stick them in my room for about a day with a towel under the door to try not to let anything in. (I am not planning on spraying my room) Is 12 hours long enough to let house air out? My house is very small and prolly will not need a whole bunch of spray and hopefully will air out quickly. Let me know guys...........

**Beth**

Re:SPRAYING FOR SPIDERS

You can always use provent-a-mite..
    It is for aracnids... That is whay mites are... Well I may be wrong about the mite thing but I bet it will still kill off the spiders....
    Never had a spider in one of my cages... hehe
    Eric aka....Red

Comment

Hey Beth,

Never thought of what Red is suggesting, but it would work. I know they suggest you remove all pet bugs and spiders from the room you are using it in.. I bet that would work great, just douce the room over and air for 2 hours, put the snakes back in and no more spiders..

Other then using that. I would air any room out for atleast 24 hours with fans and open windows before I chanced putting the snakes back in.. We got alot of black widows in the basement thanks to the rain. I got two No-Pest strips and a boot, got most of the spiders in a couple of days.. But I don't have snakes down there.. if I did, no way would I use no-pest strips..

Good luck, and lets hope Cuda doesn't see this thread, she likes widows.. I do too, but the ones I like are on the bottom of my boot..LOL.. Sorry Cuda///
      Steve

Comment

lmao poor cuda all this talk about killing off spiders hehehe provent a mite sounds the safest but if ya cant do that i just find a way to get the snakes out of the house for a bit if ya have too .

Comment

Hmmmmmmmm, what to do, what to do.........
          I'm only spraying for my kids' sake. I wonder if the mite stuff would work because I picked up a little jar of the powder from the pet store last week. Except it's not provent-a-mite. It's Nature's Zone...... I could prolly just sprinkle my kids' room and the kitchen with it. (Under cabnits and stuff)

If I end up spraying then I would prolly have to take the snakes to a friends house and that will be a big pain in the booty. UGH! I am just so scared of my kids being bit you know. If I got bit thats one thing..........

Does anyone know the life span of a Black Widow? Sorry Cuda. But I know you would definetly understand.

**Beth**

Comment

Beth,

Trust me I understand. But with me even if I didn't have kids, those would be dead. I have seen a few black widow bites and its real painful and looks nasty..

Steve

Comment

Personally, I would take the snakes out for the day and just bomb the place!!! Then let the place air out for about 6 hours after it gets bombed!!! If you are trying to get rid of the spider, by not sprying one room, they'll just go in there to prevent the spray.

Comment

Yeah thats what I was thinking if I didn't do my room, but I was hoping they would die before they made it there. LOL
                I am so scared of black widows and they are everywhere in the desert right now. I talked to a few people today who said they are having Black widow probs too. So nobody knows their lifespan?

**Beth**

Comment

As far as their life span, Cuda would be the person to ask.

Comment

And you know what the funny thing is, my friend sells em. LMAO That is soooo funny. He catches em and sells em in there own little plastic enclosures. I died laughing when I saw that, and they actually sell!!!! 8)

Comment

Hey Jay,

Get your friend up to Beths and collect them all..LOL

I knew someone (not so bright) that desided to catch and keep a widow in the house.. No problem right.. Well about 2 months into this project, he found out the widow had some babys and I mean babies, like 500 really tiny black widows. Most escaped during the weekend while he was away. It cost him $750 to have the house tented and fogged.. Bright move..LOL

Steve

Comment

HI,
                        DO you have a wood pile in your yard or are you storing fire wood in your garage or do you have an empty shed.
                        Most of the widows like dark cool places, closets , shoe boxes...under beds. bathroom cabinets things that night mares are made.
                        I wonder if any of those house gecko's could take care of your problem. we never had any bugs when I lived in spain we had those little house geckos running around all over the place...hehe
                        doug
                        those little brown recluse spiders aint to sweet up here ( the violin on their belly) :P

Comment

Now thats crazy steve. Theres no way I'de keep a black widow in my house even if the cage was built like fort knox, it's just not that bright. LOL 500 babies? Holy cow thats alot. I guess he learned his lesson. LOL ;D

Comment

Working...
                          X