This can't be healthy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Health-General] This can't be healthy

I know that the chlorine and chemicals can't be good for any snake, but exactly how harmful would this be to your snake??

Re: This can't be healthy

Sorry, I thought I had the video posted along with the thread, but here's the youtube link that I was referring to.

YouTube - EEEEKK. There's a PYTHON in the pool!

[edit] I guess I could have just edited the original post, I'm an idiot.

Comment

I agree, it can't be healthy. It's not just the chlorine but it's also all the unwanted attention from those kids. Is that a public pool like that of a hotel?

I dunno man, it just seems like a bad idea all around to me.

Comment

It can't be healthy, but I agree with Dirty, the attention that this would garner can't be positive. With HR 2811 out there, this kind of thing is just a bad idea.

I might add than almost all zoos clorinate thier water to some degree, but not to levels found in most public pools...

-Sean in NoCal
        “Americanism means the virtues of courage, honor, justice, truth, sincerity, and hardihood – the virtues that made America.”
        -Teddy Roosevelt.

Comment

I'm thinking this is a private pool and the nieghbors are video taping this.

I really don't think letting the snake swim in the pool is too harmful.

As long as its not everyday exposure to the chemicals

He seemed completely comforatble with those kids too
          as they did with him.

looks kind of like it was fun for everyone.

Lar M
          Boas By Klevitz

sigpic

Comment

I've gotta say that's pretty dang irresponsible. Would you consider that 'treating it like the wild animal it is'? I know I wouldn't.

There was just WAY too much 'action' going on in front of that snake's face. I would NEVER put kids in a position like that.

Comment

Does that look like a yellow annie to anyone or is it just me??
              At 00:43 you can see it the best.

Comment

This is not good publicity. I agree with Chris, even the tamest of snakes can strike with that much movement in front of their face.
                http://www.iherp.com/topshelfmorphs

http://www.facebook.com/boidsohio

Comment

Ahhh Anthropomorphism at it's best...this guy is an idiot. I was on the edge of my seat about 30 seconds in when the entire goof troop chases the snake into the corner. It's pretty obvious to me that every human in the video has the intellect of a 13 year old at best. Anthropomorphism, animal neglect and some kind of weird preternatural courtship between the snake dood and those little girls...this video has it all. I'm kinda grossed out now.

Comment

Originally posted by cwaybrown View Post
                    Does that look like a yellow annie to anyone or is it just me??
                    At 00:43 you can see it the best.
                    Looks like some type of Conda to me

Lar M
                    Boas By Klevitz

sigpic

Comment

ya i'd saw conda as well and im with larry looks kinda fun i dont think i would have it in the pool with kids and dogs though i think some snakes would love to go swimming i dont think i would personally do it but i'm not opposed to it and looks like a private pool to me to

Comment

Ya I'd have to say Anaconda as well, which needs to swim. I've read that proper filtration and water cycling is very hard to achieve with a semi-aquatic enclosure for an Anaconda as they tend to be very messy and defecate in the water. So getting them out for a soak now and then is a prerequisite of ownership. I'm wondering though which type of pool sanitizer would be best. Chlorine is most typically used but can be harmful to any animal if the proper amount is not used, the other new option is salt, the salinity of the pool typically stays just a bit below the range of human tears. With proper humidity levels and proper hydration, maybe even a freshwater soak at the end of the session, what does everyone think of salt opposed to chlorine? Still can't get over the lack of respect for that animal by all those people though, don't Anacondas do most of their hunting in the water?
                        Last edited by Hunglikeafruitbat; 11-10-2009, 04:43 PM. Reason: Clarification.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunglikeafruitbat View Post
                          Still can't get over the lack of respect for that animal by all those people though, don't Anacondas do most of their hunting in the water?
                          I believe they do, so why not have all the little kiddies play with it and corner it in the pool?

Comment

Working...
                          X