hissing/URI??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Respiratory] hissing/URI??

One of my BPs hissed today when i went to grab him but he normally never hisses when i had him out he made no noises but i put him back and 15 minutes late touched him and he hissed again should i be worryed about this could it be a upper respiratory infecting ? are there any other signs i should be looking for? Thanks

Re: hissing/URI??

I don't think so. It sounds like he's just hissing and upset. With respiratory infections they have mucus in their nose and/or in their mouth if you open it. In severe stages they will elevate their head to help with breathing. If your BP isn't having any nasal discharge or very audible breathing (more than he normally does) I think you can attribute this to a cranky snake. If that's the case, I would leave him alone for a week. Anything new in the house like a dog or anything that could have him agitated?

Comment

he actually just recently started eating again and just stoped this week he only eats mice but last week i got him to eat a small rat but now he wont take either but he is very active all ways moving about his bin But now that i think of it i got a female Ball python shes 900 grams could he possibly smell her or sence her and be bothered or just hot to trot ?
      thanks

Comment

I've only owned boas and don't have much experience with BP's, but my buddy has a couple and they just seem to me to be finicky eaters compared to my boas. But hopefully everything's alright.

Comment

im gonna leave a thawed out mouse in there over night and keep my fingers crossed

Comment

Good Luck man, keep us updated.

Comment

I would have to agree with Joley on this one. Some snakes are just a little more tempermental than others.

Comment

Working...
              X