IBD or something else

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Quarantine] IBD or something else

Went over to see my reverse stripe today and he looked good, came out of his hide, wanted to bite me and handled well. got some pics and let play on the bed and seemed fine. I then started to check head, eyes, chin and mouth for ????? and he started to turn his head upside down and kinda did the death spiral with his head. he was able to self correct but did this a few times but was always able to correct. I flipped him on his back and he righted right away, faster than i thought he could. He did eat 2 days ago and seems to move fine. no stargazing noticed at all, and everything else looked good. He has not done any of this death twirl while in cage. what should I watch for or worry about. he is in QT.

Re: IBD or something else

Everything seems "okay". With the info you provided it would be too early to make any conclusion. You took the best precaution tho and seperated him. Just keep watching and see if it continues. I've had this scare before but it was just my boa doing weird things, that was 5 yrs ago and she's fine. Keep her in QT for a few weeks, it can't hurt. Let us know.

Comment

http://www.redtailboas.com/forum/hea...-anything.html

i had an issue to check this out

Comment

Quarantine for now sounds like a plan. Im glad you dont appear to be super worried right away as it could be nothing. Always better safe than sorry. Is he thriving otherwise?

Comment

Nice read, how is he doing now? who did you take it to? I have used Dr. K in greeley before but i would like to find a vet closer. Would like to get a few of them there(snake) to dbl check sex id.
          shawn

Comment

Originally posted by jhsulliv View Post
            Quarantine for now sounds like a plan. Im glad you dont appear to be super worried right away as it could be nothing. Always better safe than sorry. Is he thriving otherwise?
            seems to be doing well. ate with no issues and seems to move around good. still too new to know how he poo's and sheds but we will try to feed again on sunday morn. Maybe a vet visit or just watch for a few days.

Comment

Working...
            X