Dent on eye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Eyes/Mouth] Dent on eye

ok so i have had her since late august and she has not shed yet and today i noticed that her right eye looked like it had a water drop so i brushed lightly against her and it did not wipe away so it looks a dent on the eye should i be concerned about this i never noticed it before so i don't know if its new or i just wasn't getting that close to her face..

my other question is i put moss in there tank to help with humidity and she likes to lay kinda on it is this a bad thing?? i know laying on wet can cause scale rot and i don't want want that so i just want some opinions

Re: Dent on eye

The dent in the eye is from low humidity and dehydration. It is not good for them to lay in wet substrate but ther humidity really needs to be atleast 60%. What are your humidity readings now.

Comment

grrr we have been fighting with humidity in there tank we sit around 40 unless i place my large humidifier next to the tank but its kinda loud i mist at least every day.

Comment

they have a Large water bowl but i have never seen them soak or drink from it

Comment

I've had that happen a few times before, it's nothing to worry about. It will go away the next time she sheds. As for the moss, as long as it's not too wet and she doesn't lay on it all the time, I don't see why it would cause scale rot. Scale rot usually comes from laying in their own urates for too long. Too much moisture in the substrate can cause it, but the bacteria in the urates is what causes it more often than not.

edit - try putting the water bowl over/under the heat source. This should raise humidity at least 10%
          http://www.iherp.com/topshelfmorphs

http://www.facebook.com/boidsohio

Comment

will that make the water to warm for them?

an the moss is pretty damp this is the second time ihave caught her on it but it was at the time i remove her to hold her so she was not on it for long

Comment

Working...
            X