Shedding twice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Skin] Shedding twice?

My salmon jsut shed its skin last week and now its going into shed again?? I found this a little strange. It also was laying on its back in the tank all funny when I opened it up today to check on it. Has anyone else experienced this kind of thing? Thanks

Re: Shedding twice?

not sure about the double shed but i know that ive seen my snakes rolling around when they are having shed problems.

Comment

Funny that you mention shed problems because she does have a peice of stuck on shed. I just figured it would come off.

Comment

You can always give her a warm bath them gently wipe the stuck skin with a was cloth.

Comment

My BP would sometimes go through spells where he would shed twice a month. Just growth spurts I suppose.

Comment

Do you feed live prey...? It is possible that you're boa may have been bitten and Is trying to shed out the injury. If she has retained shed... you may want to bathe her and gentley peel it of or wash it off with a wash cloth as mentioned before. I would also put a few items in the enclosure to just give her something to help shed off on( Rocks, Sticks, etc).

Comment

Ya, I already have rocks in the tank, and I gave her a bath last week but I didn't get all the skin. As for the bite thing I never feed live. Thanks for the replies

Comment

I have had double sheds in the same month before on rare occassions (not in a while) but usually not a week apart.

You mention him on his back 'funny' -- if you place him on his back can he right himself?

Comment

Ya she goes back fine, why do you ask?

Comment

Working...
                  X