Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

will a slightly deformed tail tip be a problem??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Health-General] will a slightly deformed tail tip be a problem??

hi guys, i'm new here .. after just looking around this forum for quite sometime, finally i can now post a thread about my own rtb .. well, i kinda have a problem, and not really satisfied with the snake even if it's nice .. it has a slight deformity on the tip of it's tail .. oh, it's an 09 nic. red-tail by the way .. the very tip of it's tail is curved downwards and it seems as if it's already really hard, maybe it has been dislocate and already has healed or maybe it's a birth defect .. the seller never told me about this and i got it for about $85 (i just converted my currency into u.s. dollar cause i'm from the philippines). well, the one who sold me the snake also got it from one of the top exotic pet seller here in our country though, i really don't know if he was told that this snake had a deformity.

anyway, i need your help and i would really appreciate your suggestions on this one. would this problem get bigger as the snake grows? what should i do about it? any other suggestions would really help ..

thanks in advance !

Re: will a slightly deformed tail tip be a problem??

It may be helpful to know if its an injury, or a birth defect, but TBH I don't think there is anything you can do eitherway. However it shouldn't cause him any problems, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Comment

here's a picture the snake ..

thanks ..

Comment

you can see a bit of the deformity on the 2nd picture ..

Comment

Originally posted by bladeblaster View Post
          It may be helpful to know if its an injury, or a birth defect, but TBH I don't think there is anything you can do eitherway. However it shouldn't cause him any problems, so I wouldn't worry about it.
          thanks for your cOmment, i really appreciate it ..

any other comments you guys ?!?

btw, what do you think of this little booger?? hehe

Comment

looks perfectly fine to me, not a RTB though, most def a Bci.

Very handsome boa all the same though

Comment

also is that woodshavings you are keeping him on? If they are pine shavings it would better to remove them IMO, pine is a toxin to snakes.

He would do very well on paper towels

Comment

looks perfectly fine to me, not a RTB though, most def a Bci.

Very handsome boa all the same though
                oh, thanks thanks ! now i get it .. nics are bci's and colombians are bcc's .. the true red-tails, right ?!

Comment

Originally posted by chicobouy View Post
                  oh, thanks thanks ! now i get it .. nics are bci's and colombians are bcc's .. the true red-tails, right ?!
                  nics are Bci yes, Bcc and Bci come from colombia

Comment

also is that woodshavings you are keeping him on? If they are pine shavings it would better to remove them IMO, pine is a toxin to snakes.

He would do very well on paper towels
                    it's fir and spruce wood shavings sir, are these types of wood toxic !? `cause i really have no idea .. iv'e read about the pine shavings though ..

Comment

it's fir and spruce wood shavings sir, are these types of wood toxic !? `cause i really have no idea .. iv'e read about the pine shavings though ..
                      fir and spruce are types of pine mate.

I keep all my young boas, on paper towel, 3 or 4 layers, its very absorbent, and easy to change. Also they like to burrow under it, which gives them extra security

Comment

fir and spruce are types of pine mate.

I keep all my young boas, on paper towel, 3 or 4 layers, its very absorbent, and easy to change. Also they like to burrow under it, which gives them extra security
                        i'll keep that in mind .. thanks a bunch !

Comment

This is a bit "off topic" but a very good friend of mine is leaving for the Philippines in two days. He's going back (it's where he's from) to bring back his girlfriend (fiance) to the US. They have a house just outside of Manila.

We just had a going away party for him this weekend. He'll be back in time for the Pacqiauo/Mayweather fight on March 13.

About your Nic, I can't see too much wrong with his tail but as Blade said you should definitely get him off the pine shavings. Paper towels or news paper make great substrate.

Good Luck and welcome to RTB.com!

BTW, you can find some extremely useful information in the Ultimate Care Guide. It's located in the margin to the left.

Comment

Originally posted by DIRTY SHOOTER View Post
                            This is a bit "off topic" but a very good friend of mine is leaving for the Philippines in two days. He's going back (it's where he's from) to bring back his girlfriend (fiance) to the US. They have a house just outside of Manila.

We just had a going away party for him this weekend. He'll be back in time for the Pacqiauo/Mayweather fight on March 13.

About your Nic, I can't see too much wrong with his tail but as Blade said you should definitely get him off the pine shavings. Paper towels or news paper make great substrate.

Good Luck and welcome to RTB.com!

BTW, you can find some extremely useful information in the Ultimate Care Guide. It's located in the margin to the left.
                            thanks for this sir .. hmm, can you ask your friend to take me with him when he's goin` back to the States ?! hehehe .. I bet that pacquiao/mayweather fight's goin` to be great !

Comment

thanks for this sir .. hmm, can you ask your friend to take me with him when he's goin` back to the States ?! hehehe .. I bet that pacquiao/mayweather fight's goin` to be great !
                              Oh Yeah, it's gonna be huge bro. We will be seeing it my friend's sister's house and she makes THE BEST lumpia! I kinda envy you bro because the whole island will be ROCKIN when Pacman shuts that Mayweather mouth!!

Comment

Working...
                              X