Its weak or dying :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Health-General] Its weak or dying :(

Hi, well im owner of one albino boa kahl 08, she is 4 1/2 foot. Recently 10 of december she make your last eating, recently 10 of december she make your last eating, three days after she entered the black period (ecdisis) and yesterday she finished that period, but she is so weak that she cant support your own head. What i need to do? She needs vitamins? She needs eat? She cant eat by his self count.

I never see this before... Thanks for your time... The parametres are the corrects for this season, she have a natural photoperiod and ° are the rights

Re: Its weak or dying

Sounds like a serious problem, dehydration is a possibility.
    This is a very hard situation to advise on.

If she ate Dec 10 and shed successfully severe weakness
    and apathy do not correspond.

If she can't shed on her own then something serious is happening.

My best advice is Hydration. Use a Pedialyte and water 60/40 mix aprox.
    That's the best way to rehydrate orally

Are you sure she doesn't have a Respiratory Infection ?

If that were the case it could explain this present condition.

I need Joley and some other folks to give opinions on this one

This sounds like a rapid decline in health , I can't help but think the worst
    on this situation

Lar M
    Boas By Klevitz

sigpic

Comment

What kinda of set up do you have,glass tank,rack,boaphile etc.
      Exact temps would be good as well,substrate?
      It could be a many of things from interenal parasites,neurological,impaction,dehydration,bad rat.
      As many details u can give us the more we can help. Does it have mites by Amy chance?

Comment

Originally posted by Boa Amarali View Post
        Sounds like a serious problem, dehydration is a possibility.
        This is a very hard situation to advise on.

If she ate Dec 10 and shed successfully severe weakness
        and apathy do not correspond.

If she can't shed on her own then something serious is happening.

My best advice is Hydration. Use a Pedialyte and water 60/40 mix aprox.
        That's the best way to rehydrate orally

Are you sure she doesn't have a Respiratory Infection ?

If that were the case it could explain this present condition.

I need Joley and some other folks to give opinions on this one

This sounds like a rapid decline in health , I can't help but think the worst
        on this situation
        Well maybe its a dehydration, in that case i gonna use the rehydratation cloacal. Its a serius problem, i´m sure that she doesnt have a respiratory infection but a visit to the medic will be necesary. Thanks for the answer

Originally posted by Atrayu View Post
        What kinda of set up do you have,glass tank,rack,boaphile etc.
        Exact temps would be good as well,substrate?
        It could be a many of things from interenal parasites,neurological,impaction,dehydration,bad rat.
        As many details u can give us the more we can help. Does it have mites by Amy chance?
        The enclosure is a Sterline tupper whit wheels, the sustrate is of newspaper, in this winter the temperatures of the coold side is 24-26 and from the heat side is 28-32. The last rat that she eat was a two male of 100grs, the humidity its around 60-70%. Parasites well she eat normally good and i dont thing that she have parasites, eventually i make a copro to chec. Neurológical well she has 1.5 years old culd be that? Dehydration maybe i gonna make a rehydratation. Impaction well i never manipulate my snakes... Thanks for help me if you thing that maybe its other things i apreciate...

This boa will survive from death one time, four monts ago... she needed antibiotics Enrofloxacina 5%

Comment

Originally posted by Ilamacoatl View Post
          Well maybe its a dehydration, in that case i gonna use the rehydratation cloacal. Its a serius problem, i´m sure that she doesnt have a respiratory infection but a visit to the medic will be necesary. Thanks for the answer

The enclosure is a Sterline tupper whit wheels, the sustrate is of newspaper, in this winter the temperatures of the coold side is 24-26 and from the heat side is 28-32. The last rat that she eat was a two male of 100grs, the humidity its around 60-70%. Parasites well she eat normally good and i dont thing that she have parasites, eventually i make a copro to chec. Neurológical well she has 1.5 years old culd be that? Dehydration maybe i gonna make a rehydratation. Impaction well i never manipulate my snakes... Thanks for help me if you thing that maybe its other things i apreciate...

This boa will survive from death one time, four monts ago... she needed antibiotics Enrofloxacina 5%

She should go to the clinic

Just to help people clarify on Temps

cool side 24-26 celsius.
          cool side
          75.2° Fahrenheit - 78.80° Fahrenheit

hot side is 28-32 celsius.
          hot side
          82.4° Fahrenheit - 89.6° Fahrenheit

Lar M
          Boas By Klevitz

sigpic

Comment

Well i wanna wait to the monday and i hope that my vet opend... i'm scared i never see this before... it's for the morph, i heard that the albinism maybe make an unhealt boas, its that true?

Now she is in rehydratation... i hope that this make to recover his strength

Comment

Well i wanna wait to the monday and i hope that my vet opend... i'm scared i never see this before... it's for the morph, i heard that the albinism maybe make an unhealt boas, its that true?

Now she is in rehydratation... i hope that this make to recover his strength
              heard that the albinism maybe make an unhealt boas, its that true?
              Not really in my opinion the only time this is relavent would be right at or right after birth.

That's when the weakness of the Albino genetics affects the Albino Boas as babies

As adults if an Albino Boa makes it into adulthood .The Albino Boa
              weakness issues are no longer a problem. Adult Albino Boas are normally
              very strong with no issues related to a "Weak Albino gene" scanario.

So this issue you are having most likely is not related to this Boa being an Albino

Some other issue is at play, R.I. Parasites, Neurological issue or issue like
              IBD which isn't always Neurological issue.which all those issues listed can
              cause death Often Boas diagnosed with IBD suffer from "wasting". Which
              is bad appetite low energy levels dehydration.These issue become worse
              leading to no eating and death.
              These Boas just waste away and Neurological issue never even arise but
              Inclusion bodies are still present upon Necropsy and Pathology reports

Lar M
              Boas By Klevitz

sigpic

Comment

I see your here!

Comment

Yes my friend jajajajaja. I wanna know in the constrictor forum some one tell me another thing about this question

Comment

One of my female Cuban boas had IBD and these were her symptoms. She was eating and acting fine, then she refused 2 meals in a row and it went steeply downhill from there. She died during the night at the vet's office I hope that isn't the issue with your snake.
                    http://www.iherp.com/topshelfmorphs

http://www.facebook.com/boidsohio

Comment

I hope that IBD its not in my hot room :'(

Comment

Yes IBD is horrible i had my first collectionlike 2 years ago and one by one they all died. Though none of them showed signs except for my baby boas.

Comment

I hope that IBD its not in my hot room :'(

As of right now I believe this disease (IBD) is still only Boid related

I don't believe it has mutated into other species

Lar M
                          Boas By Klevitz

sigpic

Comment

This snake needs to see a vet. Not being able to lift the head up is very serious and from what i've seen usually has a very poor prognosis as things have progressed very far at that point. This is like you not being able to lift your head; you know how sick you'd have to be for that to truthfully happen. I wish I had better advice for you, but I think you have a seriously sick snake on your hands. Please let us know how it goes, good luck!

Comment

I think the best thing to do is move it away from your collection and put it into quarantine and get it to a vet ASAP. How long has your boa been like this? IBD in boas tends to take effect over a few months whereas in pythons their health will decrease in a matter of weeks so it does sound very serious. I hope it is nothing serious but you need to get to a good herp vet quickly.

Comment

Working...
                              X