help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Eyes/Mouth] help

happy new year out there Iam new to your site and I hope someone can answer this quistion, I have a red tail boa shes five yrs old I feed her three days ago her mouth has not closed right Iam a little worried this has never happen before, help

Re: help

Welcome to the forums and I am sure a few others will chime in here but this is my opinion
    It could just be misaligned as I have seen that before but never for more then 1 day. Is she yawning and trying to close it alot?
    I would try to offer her a small meal and see if it goes back into place after swallowing. If not a vet visit may be in order.

Comment

mack1time thank you for answering so quick, I did try last night to feed her she smelt it that was it is does try to open her mouth iam affraid to try and handle her dont know what else to do, do you think I should try and feed her agian?

Comment

any pictures of the mouth would help... but for now:

is there any fluid coming out of the mouth or along the sides? saliva bubbles perhaps?
        any kind of lump under the throat area?

Comment

you could try to see if there is any substrate or anything stuck in her teeth.

Comment

If it hasn't realigned itself in 3 days I believe you need a vet visit. Sometimes they get a tooth stuck through the lip, but if her jaw is crooked she may have managed to injure it enough to where a simple yawn can't realign it.

Comment

Working...
            X