Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I pinched my boas taill in feeding tupperware. help

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Skin] I pinched my boas taill in feeding tupperware. help

    So I had an accident with my female normal boa Katana. I fed her in her feeding container, she grabbed the rat and curled it as usual and then I put the cover on as usual, but this time the tip of her tail was inbetween the cover and the bin not seeing this I closed it and about 45 minutes later, I went to get her out to place her back home and saw the tail in the cover. I freaked and undid the cover and she seams fine, calm but she has two small dimples on each side of her tail. maybe a quarter inch from the tail tip, no broken skin. I think I ll give her a day or two for digestion and then see how the tail is. any body ever come across this stupid thing I did. i feel so bad. I held her some afterward and she s not touchy or aggresive from it just the dimples bug me. sorry so long I m just a little upset thanks guys for any info.

  • #2
    Re: I pinched my boas taill in feeding tupperware. help

    My baby Vega came with a divet in her tail, from her breeders personal mistakes. It doesn't seem to bother her and as long as there isn't any broken skin, or signs of aggression she should be okay. Behavior is also a key here, so just watch that.

    You are a very responsible, concerned snake owner so I'm sure she'll be just fine! Just keep checking her, i wouldn't say handle her TOO much because that may do further damage, or cause further stress.

    Is it only the tip of her tail? Or is it some ways down? Pictures may help!

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: I pinched my boas taill in feeding tupperware. help

      That sucks! But it sounds like she'll be fine if there wasn't any deformity or broken skin.

      Another reason to feed in-cage lol!


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: I pinched my boas taill in feeding tupperware. help

        Originally posted by dangles View Post
        That sucks! But it sounds like she'll be fine if there wasn't any deformity or broken skin.

        Another reason to feed in-cage lol!
        I ve been thinking of that feeding in cage I will save on feeding bins and stupid accidents.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: I pinched my boas taill in feeding tupperware. help

          Originally posted by SerpenteDance View Post
          My baby Vega came with a divet in her tail, from her breeders personal mistakes. It doesn't seem to bother her and as long as there isn't any broken skin, or signs of aggression she should be okay. Behavior is also a key here, so just watch that.

          You are a very responsible, concerned snake owner so I'm sure she'll be just fine! Just keep checking her, i wouldn't say handle her TOO much because that may do further damage, or cause further stress.

          Is it only the tip of her tail? Or is it some ways down? Pictures may help!
          I ll try to get pics if its still there later on. And thank you for the comment. I love coming here with issues and sharing. What else are you sopposed to do with family

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: I pinched my boas taill in feeding tupperware. help

            Originally posted by ron petri View Post
            I ll try to get pics if its still there later on. And thank you for the comment. I love coming here with issues and sharing. What else are you sopposed to do with family
            I love this board. It is the most rational, reasonable, smartest, open, honest, caring, place to get advice. I've been on tons of boards and it seems like its one persons way or the highway, and their advice just doesn't work for me. I get variety here, and rational discussion. I love love love it. It seems as though everybody cares about my babies nearly as much as i do.


            Not to mention quick answers. XD Best part.


            Maybe try a taller feeding bin so it doesn't need a cover? Or if she won't eat without a cover, put some sort of protective rubber ring around the corner where it should close.


            Comment


            • #7
              Re: I pinched my boas taill in feeding tupperware. help

              Originally posted by ron petri View Post
              I ve been thinking of that feeding in cage I will save on feeding bins and stupid accidents.
              Thats what I have always done, the only reason you wouldn't feed in there cage is if you have two snakes in the same tank. There are no ill affects from feeding in the snakes cage. I have been doing it for 8 years.

              Comment


              • #8
                Logic and experience are our guides around here, so there will be varying opinions on alot of topics here (feeding in or out of cage is a good example ).

                But...

                Originally posted by shogun678
                ... two snakes in the same tank.
                That, however, you will find a pretty unanimous opinion on...

                DON'T DO IT!

                ... just wanted to throw that out there ...

                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: I pinched my boas taill in feeding tupperware. help

                  Ha Ha , accidents happen, no broken skin or tail remaining bent
                  pretty much means she's probably ok

                  I almost shut 1 of my '09 babies tail in the cover after feeding today myself

                  Keep an eye on it and I'm sure she'll be ok from the sounds of it

                  Lar M
                  Boas By Klevitz

                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: I pinched my boas taill in feeding tupperware. help

                    Originally posted by Boa Amarali View Post
                    Ha Ha , accidents happen, no broken skin or tail remaining bent
                    pretty much means she's probably ok

                    I almost shut 1 of my '09 babies tail in the cover after feeding today myself

                    Keep an eye on it and I'm sure she'll be ok from the sounds of it
                    yeah there is no bend in it and shes still feeling it cause she pulled her tail away as I touched it gently. maybe sensative but feeling.good sign I think

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: I pinched my boas taill in feeding tupperware. help

                      Originally posted by shogun678 View Post
                      Thats what I have always done, the only reason you wouldn't feed in there cage is if you have two snakes in the same tank. There are no ill affects from feeding in the snakes cage. I have been doing it for 8 years.
                      I ve alway fed in cage years ago when I owned pythons just like the idea of no aspen and feeding not related to the cage but I came up with an idea years ago. take the snake out first handle it then put it back so that assosiation to eating after being put back insteadt of when the top or door opens. I like the feeding bin just gotta keep my eyes open.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: I pinched my boas taill in feeding tupperware. help

                        since it's the tip of the tail I think its less likely to cause something serious but im not vet. I know if there is some injury above the cloaca(sp??) i would be worried that you might be causing some blockage where they can no longer poop but the injury is on the tip and should not be a problem for that.

                        I can't think of anything else than some cosmetic problem

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: I pinched my boas taill in feeding tupperware. help

                          UPDATE ON KATANA'S TAIL---This morning it is like it didn't happen no dimples or mark whatsoever. Thank you all for getting me through that, I wouldn't have expected less from you I know I ll have no problem when a larger issue comes up. I would never ask for any help anywhere but here and now with the many new members daily, aaayyy fogetaboudit, this is a very powerful place. But Katana is good now thanks and all have a great day.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: I pinched my boas taill in feeding tupperware. help

                            Congrats to Katana! =) I'm glad it turned out fine.

                            Vega didn't get out so lucky. =( She still has a divet from i dunno what happened. I tried asking her breeder and he said she didn't even notice it. Err.

                            Maybe i should post a seperate thread asking for opinions.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: I pinched my boas taill in feeding tupperware. help

                              Originally posted by SerpenteDance View Post
                              Congrats to Katana! =) I'm glad it turned out fine.

                              Vega didn't get out so lucky. =( She still has a divet from i dunno what happened. I tried asking her breeder and he said she didn't even notice it. Err.

                              Maybe i should post a seperate thread asking for opinions.
                              go for it but if shes doing ok then leave it but def go for the seperate thread.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X