I hope it's not what I think it is

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Behavior] I hope it's not what I think it is

The first one is her upside down and the second is her starring into space. Please tell me im just being paranoid...Please...

YouTube - snake 2

YouTube - Snake 1

Re: I hope it's not what I think it is

I cant be sure but a definite vet visit would be definetly be the smart thing to do. I hope it is not, try to let him hang by the end of his/her tail and pull themself up.

Comment

Hi , new on the site and to red tails. when i got mine i took it to the vet to have it checked out... he told me that if u grab it behind the head a couple of inches.. and turn it upside down and it doesnt right itself immediatly it was bad. like i said new to red tails had jungle carpet and balls for yrs never experinced wat i see in ur vid.

Comment

a vet would only be able to take a blood sample and test the white blood cells right? I wonder how munch that would run

Comment

that seems perfectly fine to me if you place the snake down upside down and it does not right itself then there is a problem.

Comment

try it on the ground vs your hand.

Comment

Thanks for the response guys. I am going to take her out in a little again and perform the "tests". I will post back with the results.

Comment

In my opinion, she looks fine in both videos.

As far as her failure to right herself when turned upside down. Try it with her lying down rather than being constricted around your hand.

When she is constricted around your hand while being held, she will be more concerned with securing herself to a fixed object to prevent her from falling.

With the gazing... watch her in her enclosure. It is not uncommon for a boa to gaze... especially if they have a heat source or fixture to stare at. Some will do it for extended periods of time.

Now, if your boa is gazing and ends up falling over backwards or losing her balance and falling to one side or the other and displaying varying degrees of difficulty with her balance or ability to right herself after falling... then you should be concerned.

Good luck and keep us posted!
                "An increase in reptile education can lead to a decrease in reptile discrimination." - Bebo

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bebowebb View Post
                  In my opinion, she looks fine in both videos.

As far as her failure to right herself when turned upside down. Try it with her lying down rather than being constricted around your hand.

When she is constricted around your hand while being held, she will be more concerned with securing herself to a fixed object to prevent her from falling.

With the gazing... watch her in her enclosure. It is not uncommon for a boa to gaze... especially if they have a heat source or fixture to stare at. Some will do it for extended periods of time.

Now, if your boa is gazing and ends up falling over backwards or losing her balance and falling to one side or the other and displaying varying degrees of difficulty with her balance or ability to right herself after falling... then you should be concerned.

Good luck and keep us posted!
                  You are right I've seen my 12 year old female boa "star gaze" every once in a while. If there really was something wrong with her like that I think it would of caught up to her by now. There could be a number of reasons why they would do this.

Comment

I see absolutely nothing wrong with that snake. It has secured its self on to your hand therefore it has no need to right its self. That is definately not star gazing either.

Comment

There doesn't seem to be anything wrong. boas look up all the time and stare.
                      Don't you at times? As for not writing it's self it has no need to it is in control and
                      has a grip. The test is for it to be on the surface with no control.
                      Understand something there is still very little known of ibd.
                      So many jump to conclusions and yet very few cases have been documented.
                      But if you feel you need to take it to a vet. That is always my advice when in doubt
                      and ask questions lots of questions. But I see nothing wrong there.

Comment

You are not serious are you ??

Of course she's upside down !!

She's is gripping your hand and

You are holding her upside down !!!!!!!!

Please lets use a little common sense here !!

Lar M
                        Boas By Klevitz

sigpic

Comment

Dude she/he is fine......is there something else that prompted you to post this...or is it just that

Comment

Originally posted by Boa Amarali View Post
                            You are not serious are you ??

Of course she's upside down !!

She's is gripping your hand and

You are holding her upside down !!!!!!!!

Please lets use a little common sense here !!
                            We were all newbies at some point in our lives but I've been pretty amazed at some of things I've been seeing posted. Not trying to insult anyone but I've taken a back recently in the forums here.

Comment

The only stupid question is the question you don't ask,

Comment

Working...
                              X