This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POPPING SOUND

I noticed that my boa makes a popping soung when it flicks it's tongue. Is this normal with boas, because my phytons don't do this. Or could it be the temp. or humidity in the enclosure?? Thanks

Re: POPPING SOUND

First you should read Clay's care guides which help explain a lot. In the meantime, it sounds like you have a case of Respiratory Infection (RI) coming on. You need to raise your ambient temp to 88 degrees and make sure your humidity is between 50-60%. RI is something you need to take seriously and may require anti-biotics administered by an experienced herp vet. Good luck and let us know how things turn out!

Comment

Re: POPPING SOUND

like fonzy has already stated clicking, popping, and wheezing noises are usually the signs of a respiratory infection. have you noticed any mucus around your snakes mouth or nose? respiratory infection are almost always caused by improper temps in your snakes cage. what are the temps in your cage on the warm end and the cold end as well as the humidity level? i would give your snake one day for the popping to go away. if it continues i would take the snake to a qualified vet asap. you also will need to raise the temps in the cage to about 90 degrees. let us know how it goes and good luck.

Comment

Working...
      X