This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feeding questions

I live feed my baby boa, hes eating mice right now, and seeing that those aren't mean or anything, i don't see anything to worry about. But i did see the pics of the crazed rats from hell, and recently my friends 6ft burm was killed by a rat. I don't want this to happen, but i like keeping things natural for the snake, and i would definitly grab the rat and squeeze it dead if it attacked my snake, since i watch each feeding. But im on the verge of going to prekilled because of the worry of my snake dieing from a puny rat. Where do i get these, do i kill them? do i buy them? how much are they....thats another concern. But im hoping a dead rat is worth less than a live one lol. Anyways, just wanting some info. Thanks

Re: Feeding questions

Remember, it only takes one bite to be fatal. Good to hear you have seen the damage that can be caused by feeding live prey to your snakes. There is several online dealers that are great. Two of the best I would recommend is www.rodentpro.com and www.cajunmice.com . They both offer great service and the prices are awesome. They are way cheaper than buying a live mouse or rat in a pet store. Check them out. I use www.rodentpro.com myself.

Comment

Re: Feeding questions

Basicly the difference between the two that I have seen is that rodentpro sends you rats in zip lock bags.. and cajunmice sends in vacum sealed bags..
      I use cajunmice...

Oh ya cajunmice from what I have herd is more expensive but for me it is cheaper... I don't know why but to buy the same amout of prey iteams at rodentpro I pay about 5 bucks more....
      Eric aka....Red

Comment

Working...
      X