This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I paranoid or is there a problem?

Hi guys I think I might be a little paranoid but on the other hand something might be wrong with my boa. Her defication has changed lately, she usually goes in her water dish and it is one solid light brown turd once a month. Over the past week she has had a bowel movement three times (has not had one for a month and 1/2). The first was the hard urates, two large balls with some liquid. The second one was a bunch of medium sized very dark turds that were a little on the moist side with some liquid. The third time was the same as the second but there was alot of liquid and some small hard urates. I am concern due to the fact that the turds are very dark, small, and some what soft with liquid and it happened so often in one week.
    Is there something wrong? I have already checked the stool for parasites and there eggs and have found none and her cage conditions have not changed at all. The only change I have noticed is that since I have increased her feeding two weeks ago she has become very active.
    Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Re: Am I paranoid or is there a problem?

Okay she went to the bathroom for the forth time!This time it was closer to normal, big turds closer to the normal color but there was alot of them! Is it possible she was constipated? Still kinda worried though because this is the forth time in a week, anybody ever have this happen?

Comment

Hi Blackmarked,

Since nobody replyed I will try.. I have had this happen to two different snakes I had. One was a redtail and the other was a Ball Python. Now here is where I get things confussed.. The Boa it turned out had a high level of Protazoa's (sp). The vet at the time said that if there is a big change in the snakes system like the levels about going up fast, at can cause the snake to empty all waste out in a fast period. Now the Ball was different and we never were 100% sure what the problem was. Like you said we believed he was just constipated and a few soaks loosened things up and whoosh, he emptyed out in three days.. I don't think you really have much to be worried about, but it would be a good idea to get a stool sample to a vet to have them check. If you like me you may not have a vet anywhere lose by, if that is the case, may want to get yourself some snake vet books and a microscope off E-bay..

Hope that helped a little..
      Best Regards
      Steve Clark

Comment

Thanks man, this at least gives me some idea of what is going on.

Comment

Working...
        X