This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pink Belly

The belly of my red tail has turned pink with some spots a dark red. I thought this was scale rot but I live in Colorado (very dry) and there is not much humidity in the cage (I had to get a humidifier for her to shed normal). Any ideas on what it could be?

Re: Pink Belly

Well it could be one of two things.... One it could be a thermal burn from a heat rock or a heating pad..
    Or two which is what has happened to my snake...
    It is just getting alot of color on its belly... which is not uncommon in colombians...
    I hope this helps..
    Eric aka...Red

Comment

Could be scale rot or a thermal burn, but I would say your snake is possibly going into shed. Wouldn't hurt to put some Neosporin (regular without pain relief) to beon the safe side if you wasn't sure. A picture would help a lot.

Comment

I have some ?
        1. What type of substrate are you useing?
        2. What are you useing as a heat source ie.. UTH OR heat rock?
        3. Is the substrate wet?

Also if you could post some pictures it would help out a lot.

Tat

Comment

I'll try to get some pics.

To answer the questions:

I had wood chips as the substrate. I am currently using both a heat lamp and a ceramic heater (not a rock). The substrate feels dry. I live in Colorado where there is almost no such thing as humdity.

Comment

With out a pictur I really can't say for sure. It sounds like your snake is just changeing colors. Most boas do this at some point and time. Post a picture and I or someone will be able to tell you for sure.

Comment

Working...
            X