This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black spots on my Boa?

Hey, I have a 9 month old columbian redtail..in between his saddles there are small black spots. I noticed them about 2-3 weeks ago and they did not disappear when he shed. I have noticed a few on his underside but there are more on top. Thanks for any help.

Re: Black spots on my Boa?

Okay the first thing is were these spots on the boa when you got them? Most likely they are part of the natural coloration. Mine has them, they become more noticable as you move towards the tail. She also has the under belly speckling. I will look for a pic on the forum and point you in the right direction so you can see what I am talking about.
    The other thing I should mention is that boas are capable of drastic color change even from minute to minute and I have noticed when my boa is lighter the spots on her back tend to disappear.
    For the most part I would not woory as they are probably natural parts of the coloration.

Comment

Okay to illustrate what I mean go to the photo albums, the link is at the top of the forum page. Take a look at clays album and you will be able to see what I mean. Most of his do not have many spots but I have some boas with alot more depending on the locality they are from. Good Luck

Comment

8)Blackmarked, thats a really good answer as my argentine cross boa has lots tiny black specks on him and every time he sheds he gets more and some of them are getting bigger.. He darkens and lightens with his moods to.. When hes at the lightest color-mood he looks really sweet with all them tiny black specks.. 8)

Comment

I've noticed that some of them will actually get these as they get older..when they didn't have them previously at all. Sounds like the 'freckling" thing going on is all in your snake.

Comment

Working...
          X