This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• evil_Karot.......

I couldn't get the reply page on the other forum for some reason in regards to the mites..arghh.

That stuff is NOT the correct stuff that your looking for at all ! That one contains DEET..The one that you want contains the PERMETHRIN in it. It is labeled as flying insect and in a purple can [ this is the new labeling of it] OR if an old label it is labeled for ticks and the can is green labeled one.

This is the old label one.. http://sawyerproducts.com/cgi-bin/mi...ct_Code=SP646N
    it is labeled as clothing tick repellant basically.

they also have the new one on their site. this is it...
    http://sawyerproducts.com/cgi-bin/mi...uct_Code=SP602

Re: evil_Karot.......

OK, it's a good thing I didn't buy that one. It looks like I'll have to order it on line. Are they actually the same thing, since both of them are available off the website? Hey since I have you on line, have you ever had a snake bite it's own tongue. I soaked Dieter (my python) last nite and changed his news paper on the bottom of his tank. When I woke up this morning, I noticed red spots on the paper. Then I noticed him flicking his tongue and about the middle of it, there was a bit of blood. It was about where it forks off. Could he have bitten his own tongue? Or possibly a paper cut? Ever since the whole no pest strip thing, his tongue has been kind of droopy.

Comment

Are they actually the same thing, since both of them are available off the website?
      YUP...No doubt about it at all ! I order it from offline and when my last shipment of it came in I about flipped out.. weeell actually I did flip out BIG TIME lol. I had a rescue in that had mites at the time that I had just taken in and none of this stuff on hand at all. I had a can of PAm though...but dang if I could locate it at all..UGH. Of course I had no extra pre-treated aspen around or newspaper either [ yup..I pre-treat newspaper also here hehe]
      I contacted the guy I know from the internet that works for Sawyer's and went of on him some at that point..LOL. He gave me ALL the info that assured me that this is the SAME EXACT product that I have been using thus far. He explained the labeleing changes etc.. I even made him go over every lil detail of the wording changes as well.. ie from ticks to insects...the addition of the works for 6 weeks thing [ think it is what that says on it now] etc.. He answered EVERY single thing I came up with.. Of course it would have made all the difference if I had just looked at the EPA # and the product # the company placed on it ..That would have been a clue rather than just flipping like I did lol. I have been using this newly labeled can for over a month now and am satisfied that it is the same thing. I don't think the guy could have given me any further info to verify than he did anyways lol.

HMM.. I have never had a snake bite it's tongue...that i know of at all. Just watch and make sure that no infection sets in I would think. Pretty much like when ya bite yer own tongue.. hehe

Comment

OK, kool. I'll just order the stuff off the website, I'm tired of looking for it at wal~mart.

So, you think it's possible that he just bit his tongue then. Good, I was kind of worried, first the whole poisoning thing, then he's bleeding all over the place. I was really feeling sorry for the poor guy!!!!!!! :'( I was able to get his mouth open and didn't see anyother blood, other then on his tongue, so at least I know it's only comming from there. He has been breathing pretty hard though, lately. Kind of like he has to force himself to Breath. It doesn't sound gurgley and there isn't any mucus coming from his mouth. It just sounds like he just got done running a 4 mile marathon.

Comment

LOl.. What ya don't wanna "cruise" yet another wal-mart ? lol

He's prolly just a bit stressed from all that has ben going on with him and that might be why he is breathing like that. Get him treated all around and he should get back to normal for ya.

Comment

Working...
          X