This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: mites

Nothing worthwhile is simple. I'm learning that more and more each year. But once it's all done and over with, it's worth it!!!!! ;D

Comment

Hey have you look'ed for nix lice spray... If that swayeres stuff is the same then so is nix... the same amount of stuff and everything just like swayeres... The rite-aid version is also the same in content at least... But that is what lori is going on with this swayers stuff.. I also know sombody that is a breeder that swares that it is the same as provent-a-mite... They make the nix to go on your couch, bed, chairs and stuff like that... It is made to stick around so when the lil' pests hatch they will die too... it also says write on the bottle that it works to provent future infestations of lice... Sounds similer does it not...
      Eric aka...Red

Comment

But isn't nix usually a powder type of thing? I don't want my babies ingesting the stuff!!! cwm8.gif But if I can't find the sawyers stuff, I'll get that instead. But I think I'd rather get the sawyers stuff, only because of how it works and with the fact that it is an aerosol.

Comment

No not the powder for you head the spray the your couch and chairs and carpet and stuff like that... It is exactly the same as the swayers in every way... I bet it is produced in the same plant with the same workers and the very same can and the very same paper that has the label is printed on...
          I am telling you if infact the provent-a-mite is the same as swayers then so is nix... I am talking about the spary...
          Eric aka...Red

Comment

??? I didn't know they made a spray?! I'll have to look into that. Not a bad Idea!!! ;D

Comment

I sent you a im but I will say it again... I used it for the first time well the only time My snakes have had mites... It is just a good a provent-a-mite and does the same thing and is designed to do the very same thing....
              I would at least use it this time if I was you...
              Eric aka...Red

Comment

Thanks, for the info. Wow, I've never gotten an IM before!!! I feel so special!!!! LOL ;D ;D.

Comment

The first one I ever got was on there for like a month before I figured it out...
                  Eric aka...Red

Comment

Well, thanks for the head's up!!!

Comment

The rite-aid version is also the same in content at least... But that is what lori is going on with this swayers stuff..
                      Actually..I am going on a TON more than that in the comparison of provent a mite and sawyers stuff. What are the
                      patent #'s and the epa reg #'s on the products your refering to ? That's where to start out in checking if the products are possibly the same in content at all. I've done that research in regards to the PAM and Sawyers stuff already....AND also have spoken with chemists and others who know the products inside and out as well. I even have info on the subject that will NEVER go any further on my part as well in regards to the two products..... Gotta draw the lines somewhere ya know ;D
                      I gotta go to the pharmacy tommorrow..I'll look into the nix ingredients and see what they are and if they are also the same active as listed on the sawyers and pam too np while I am there.
                      FYI...there are a couple of different forms of the permethrin type chemicals...which vary slightly.....The nix could be one of the other ones possibly. I am not sure either way, so I'll check into it. I have heard of people who use the nix spray though for mites, but few and far between.

Comment

Lori,

I missed something...which Sawyer's product do you use. They list quite a few on their website.

Thanks!
                        Larry

Comment

I use the one that was labeled as "Tick Spray" and was a green colored label also. They recently changed the labeling for marketing purposes and now it is this gawd awful shiny purple can and also is now labeled as an "insect spray" ..I'll grab pics of the two later and post em for ya to see np.

I haven't hit the pharmacy as yet today on the nix thing though either...

Comment

I'm curious Lori, Did you happen to get a chance to check into the nix stuff yet? Don't want to use anything that may do more harm than good to my babies!!!

Comment

I wonder whos chimistest is right...  lol..  I have had some swayers some nix some rite aid stuff and, all that a chimistry professor that I know said was that there is no way of telling if they are the same because just .001 of a degree could change the hole thing to somthing more or less harmfull or effective...  He said infact inless they are letting out the pat. then there is no way it could be the same as p-a-m  Because they would have to have there exact...  (That is if pam is really a one of a kind product like bob pound say's...  I personly don't think so...)  well every thing to make the same product...  But he also went on to say that most if not all the comp.s that use different chimichels buy them in bulk and just label them self's...  So we will see...  If the # you are talking about is the one on the bottom then the rite-aid version is not the same...  But I don't exactly know what # you are talking about...  Thanx for the info lori...  I would like to know..  My can of P-a-m is getting low and I might have to buy another can of somthing soon....
                              ERic aka...Red

Comment

Sorry I haven't goptten a chance as yet. Have had 3 er visits with sick kids in the last two days. That's why i haven't been ol at all also. I have kids with flu, strep, bronchitis, pneumonia, otitis media [ TG it's not bilateral though..OH nm..LOL] , dehydration..BUT the worst of it all...regurging ones also. I'm begining to wonder what this thing is that people call sleep actually is now also. We're getting snowed in atm here now also. So I can't even get to the pharmacy to grab yet another expensive medication for yet another sick one today..or check on the nix stuff either.
                                Soon as I can ..I'll get to it. Hmm.. Maybe it can be found ol somewhere....

Comment

Working...
                                X