X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LORI
    replied
    Re: mites

I couldn't get into the reply thing on this thread last night. So I placed an answer on this url for ya >>>
    http://www.redtailboas.com/cgi-bin/y...num=1047887417

Leave a comment:

• eViL_KaRoT
    replied

http://sawyerproducts.com/cgi-bin/mi...uct_Code=SP716 This is the link to the stuff I found at Wal~mart.

Leave a comment:

• eViL_KaRoT
    replied

I was hoping you'd be on soon. I found the Sawyer's stuff this weekend, but I wanted to make sure it was the correct stuff. It's called sawyer 30. Which it says insect repellant. Is that the stuff that we're looking for, or is it a different version of the Sawyer's stuff?

Leave a comment:

• LORI
    replied

Sorry, I have been swamped on another site with admin stuff recently. YUP, It is actually any patent # and / or EPA reg # that you are looking for on the nIX product. Some products have both , some only have the EPA # on them.

As far as using the nix stuff, I have never used it myself here at all. I know of others who have with no problems though. BUT I could nOT tell you exactly how they have used it either. I would venture to think it is used just like the PAM and the Sawyers product though.

Leave a comment:

• eViL_KaRoT
    replied

OK, I finally got paid today and I'm heading to Wal-mart tonite to get something. You didn't happen to find anything on the Nix stuff did you? If not, I'll look tonite for you. We are mainly looking for patent numbers, right? If I can't find the Sawyers stuff, What is your opinion on using the Nix stuff. If nothing else, I'll order it off their website. But I'd like to get something ASAP. All of my babies have them, I just found out. So, I have to treat all of my cages and I want to Pretreat the new cage, before I give them a new home, which I'm almost done with.

Leave a comment:

• eViL_KaRoT
    replied

I look forward to the results. I have to go shopping this weekend and planning on getting something!!! ???

Leave a comment:

• LORI
    replied

Sorry I haven't goptten a chance as yet. Have had 3 er visits with sick kids in the last two days. That's why i haven't been ol at all also. I have kids with flu, strep, bronchitis, pneumonia, otitis media [ TG it's not bilateral though..OH nm..LOL] , dehydration..BUT the worst of it all...regurging ones also. I'm begining to wonder what this thing is that people call sleep actually is now also. We're getting snowed in atm here now also. So I can't even get to the pharmacy to grab yet another expensive medication for yet another sick one today..or check on the nix stuff either.
    Soon as I can ..I'll get to it. Hmm.. Maybe it can be found ol somewhere....

Leave a comment:

• Red
    replied

I wonder whos chimistest is right...  lol..  I have had some swayers some nix some rite aid stuff and, all that a chimistry professor that I know said was that there is no way of telling if they are the same because just .001 of a degree could change the hole thing to somthing more or less harmfull or effective...  He said infact inless they are letting out the pat. then there is no way it could be the same as p-a-m  Because they would have to have there exact...  (That is if pam is really a one of a kind product like bob pound say's...  I personly don't think so...)  well every thing to make the same product...  But he also went on to say that most if not all the comp.s that use different chimichels buy them in bulk and just label them self's...  So we will see...  If the # you are talking about is the one on the bottom then the rite-aid version is not the same...  But I don't exactly know what # you are talking about...  Thanx for the info lori...  I would like to know..  My can of P-a-m is getting low and I might have to buy another can of somthing soon....
    ERic aka...Red

Leave a comment:

• eViL_KaRoT
    replied

I'm curious Lori, Did you happen to get a chance to check into the nix stuff yet? Don't want to use anything that may do more harm than good to my babies!!!

Leave a comment:

• LORI
    replied

I use the one that was labeled as "Tick Spray" and was a green colored label also. They recently changed the labeling for marketing purposes and now it is this gawd awful shiny purple can and also is now labeled as an "insect spray" ..I'll grab pics of the two later and post em for ya to see np.

I haven't hit the pharmacy as yet today on the nix thing though either...

Leave a comment:

• Larry
    replied

Lori,

I missed something...which Sawyer's product do you use. They list quite a few on their website.

Thanks!
    Larry

Leave a comment:

• LORI
    replied

The rite-aid version is also the same in content at least... But that is what lori is going on with this swayers stuff..
    Actually..I am going on a TON more than that in the comparison of provent a mite and sawyers stuff. What are the
    patent #'s and the epa reg #'s on the products your refering to ? That's where to start out in checking if the products are possibly the same in content at all. I've done that research in regards to the PAM and Sawyers stuff already....AND also have spoken with chemists and others who know the products inside and out as well. I even have info on the subject that will NEVER go any further on my part as well in regards to the two products..... Gotta draw the lines somewhere ya know ;D
    I gotta go to the pharmacy tommorrow..I'll look into the nix ingredients and see what they are and if they are also the same active as listed on the sawyers and pam too np while I am there.
    FYI...there are a couple of different forms of the permethrin type chemicals...which vary slightly.....The nix could be one of the other ones possibly. I am not sure either way, so I'll check into it. I have heard of people who use the nix spray though for mites, but few and far between.

Leave a comment:

• eViL_KaRoT
    replied

Well, thanks for the head's up!!!

Leave a comment:

• Red
    replied

The first one I ever got was on there for like a month before I figured it out...
    Eric aka...Red

Leave a comment:

• eViL_KaRoT
    replied

Thanks, for the info. Wow, I've never gotten an IM before!!! I feel so special!!!! LOL ;D ;D.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X