This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for Lori concerning Elctrolytes

I read in a recent post of you describing on how to recooperate a mr infested boa by using a liquid contain electrolytes, i.e. gatorade. You said that using dyed gatorades would intern eventually dye the boa. So obviousley if you want a more red or even green, whatever, boa couldn't we just use gatorade. It be more healthy for the snake in general. I guess the problem would be that people doing this would refer to parents as looking like this normally and say the babies would turn out the same eventually. Just wondering about your 2 cents. -sTEVE

Re: Question for Lori concerning Elctrolytes

Well I don't know about that but I do know that you can get the electrolites in a powder form... and then you can add just a lil' to you snakes water every time and they will poo on a really consistant basis..
    Well have a good one
    Eric aka...Red

Comment

I guess the problem would be that people doing this would refer to parents as looking like this normally and say the babies would turn out the same eventually.
      AWW GAWD ! Was waiting for someone to make that connection lol. Yeah, I guess there are "some" that would stoop to such a level possibly..UGH.

The coloring actually sheds off with the next shed or two anyways. Used to not mention this to people when telling them to soak in gatorade. Of course they always bought the red one..lmao Then next thing ya knew they were freaking out thinking that their boa has something like scale rot or such. So we all mention the color factor now is all. hehe

Comment

Im going to find some electrolyte powder like red mention just for better overall boa health. Some people are just low-lifes to begin with. I hope no one got any ideas from reading this. -sTEVE

Comment

This also provides another good point in KNOWING who it is that you are purchasing your live stock from too. Especially when dealing with something of a morph type snake! Always ask for the parentage of the sanke and also PROOF of such. If in doubt, find another one or two or ... for sale by someone else is all. An honest breeder will have absolutely NO problem giving you the information that you seek in regards to the snake you are looking to purchase from them. ;D

Comment

To get the electrolites all you have to do is call a specicalty water provider... you know the ones that deliver water to your house... They usaly can order a big bucket of it... That is the only way we can get it around here... It cost's a bit but it also lasts a long time.... If not they should be able to tell you where to get some...
            Eric aka...Red
            P.s. You have to specify that you want non-flavored or they will give you ether lemon or orenge... Your boa probley will not drink it...

Comment

Working...
            X