This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi everybody!

Hiya, this is my first time posting, just wanted to say this site is very informative,everybody seem's cool,and knowledgeable. I recently picked up a baby boa (bci).. She's about 6 week's old, no problem's as of yet 8). I just wanted to say how funny it is when people find out you own a snake. I've had alot of negative reaction's, and some curious people with alot of question's. I was just wondering if you guy's had any similair experiences, when people find out you own big snake's..

Thx for reading b16.gif

Re: Hi everybody!

I'm sure all of us have our stories of peoples reactions to our hobby. Most of it comes from those whom are totally uneducated about snakes. All they know is what they see on TV and movies (most of which is negative). I've also been told by some rather religious folks that snakes must be evil due to the bible stories.

Best you can do is educate!

Comment

The one I get most often is when they see my enclosure they freak out and try to explain to me that I need a heat rock or my snake is gonna die.

Comment

LMAO.. They really react when they see the big uns hehe.
        Funniest one I have had I beleive is the ongoing one with the UPS guy. LMAO He delivered a box once and was talking.. weeel I opened it up to check on the snake that was in it [ this was waaaay back.. can't ship with UPS anymore with snakes now UGH] And when he saw the snake he about fell on the floor hahah. Now whenever he delivers here.. He will NOT bring the package to the door. We actually have to retrieve it off the truck for him LMAO

On the other hand my airborne guy who delivers here actually wants me to open boxes so he can check out the reptiles coming in hehe

Comment

the main reaction that i get is the standard exagerated shiver. followed by a hearty "i hate snakes!".
          the biggest fear that i have run into is of the bite.
          and i always ask people if they have a dog or cat @ home. when they say yes, as they will 95% of the time. i say "ok, lets go and look @ your dogs teeth and then we will go to my house and look at my snake's teeth. then we will try and figure out which one will cause more damage when it bites.

by the way, this is really gross. cwm8.gif

Comment

My grandmother used to come over to talk but more or less, she came over to be nosey, until I got my Ball Python and Columbian BCI. ;D

Now she hardly ever comes over at all, and when she does, she never goes in my room. ;D

Comment

;D It's a fringe benefit, now my mom won't go through the stuff in my room either....wonder why!

Comment

hey russet! very cool avitar!

Comment

Working...
                X