This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any advise would be great

my boa loki, is in his shed state and is being kind of sluggish and isnt moving much, he is just laying around(i know thats what snakes do) but not in any kind of coil, and his head is just drooping into the substrate, if he was a person i would think he was just hot and tired but hes not a really a person, he just thinks he is, and thoughts on this? is he just like that cause he is uncomfortable due to shedding? please advise

Re: any advise would be great

ok since no one had any suggestions i will try to give more detail in hopes of somone responding, i do believe he is in his shed state his eyes were cloudy for a couple days but have cleared up for the last 2 days, he is a 8 month old boa, about 3 feet, for the past 4 days or so he has been kind of lethargic, he lays in the corner of his enclosure and will only move once a day, he does respond to me waving at him from outside the enclosure, for the past day he has been in his hide away without coming out, he has a sufficient sixe water bowl and i dont know if i should place him into it?, i would believe he is just uncomftorble due to shedding but i just want to make sure, ive only had him for about a week so i dont know his routine yet and his actions, if any more ifo is needed to make a suggestion or give advice please just ask. thanks.

Comment

I wouldn't worry about his laying around.  A large part of it is becuase while in the shed state the boa can't see very well so they will usually stay in a corner or their hide-away becuase it makes them feel secure and safe while going through the shed.  Mine does the same thing yours is doing, it just lays around in a corner or a hide-away during a shed.

Comment

thanks, its better safe than sorry right,

Comment

No problem, Its always better safe than sorry.

Comment

Working...
          X