This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mites

I've just recieved a red tail boa that I beleive to have mites, but I have no clue o how to get rid of them. Can you help me?

I was also wondering why this snake would strike his old owner ever chance he had, but has only struck me once in a month?

Re: mites

The second "?" is easy... 1of 3 thing's... The snake was hungry at the old owner's house... The snake was cold at the old owners house.. The old owner was a @$$ hole...
    Or I supose he could have smelled like a rat.. lol

Now as far as the mites... There is a product named provent-a-mite it work's wonders... if you put it in your cage it will keep them away... As for getting red of them look at the ultamate care guide... On there you will find severl way's that will give you some idea... Plus if you scroll down the page you can find where people have had problem's in the past and read there post all the info you need will be in one of the two place's...
    Eric aka...Red

Comment

What I have done for years is take a little bit of Scope ( mouth wash ) and dilute it heavily with water. Soak the snake in it for about 10-15 min but make sure the top is open so the fumes dont get to strong cause I lost one snake from closing the lid. This kills the mites and they fall off. Be careful, I suggest trying something else first, cause if its your first time, you dont want to mess up and kill your snake. Peace s36.gif

Comment

The latest Red Tail Boa that I recieved had a realy bad case of mites.And of course,stupid me,I put the red tail in with my other snakes without even checking her.Now all of my snakes had mites..I tried everything on the market and I found that only one product worked the best and got rid of the mites the first time I used it.They have not returned either.The product was Provent-A-Mite.This product works wounders and gets rid of mites the first time you use it.

Comment

Working...
        X