X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flame
    replied
    Re: Brown AND WHITE poop????

snakes poop as often as they need to just like humans. and the white is normal he's healthy

Leave a comment:

• Mrs.Z
    replied

I've noticed that when they are getting used to their new home they go a heck of a lot more too!! Once they got settled mine go about every 10 days.

Leave a comment:

• Ryan
    replied

Those are the urates, it is uric acid. Snakes (and birds) process their anabolic waste in this form, as opposed to urea (humans, furry creatures) because it takes less water to process equal ammounts, I think its like 10 mL of water to process 1g of uric acid opposed to 50 mL of water for 1 g of urea. If you ask me that is a good water saver. I wouldnt want to pass stones though cwm24.gif might hurt a little bit

Leave a comment:

• Doug
    replied

Hi Damieon,
    Hehehehehe  , cwm4.gif, and you thought having a snake was easy,,ok you've seen the worse all you do is clean up all the poo and pee rocks..wipe the cage down I use paper towels its clean when you don't smell it...if you must use a cleaner you must remove all, i usally use fresh water..
    traces of the cleaner most cleaning material is toxic to snakes(and people) . be sure to remove any contaminated substrate... they usally pass the white stuff four day post feeding and the poo about 14 to 24 days post feeding depening on the age...  If its really dry yuor humidity may be to low...  SOmetimes the poo with shed. and it will be contained in the skin( thats great its like in then bag...hehehe
      The white rocks are the urates or the snake version of pee, If you ever visit a pet store that has breeder rodents you will be amazed at the smell from the urine in the tanks with breeder rats...be glad your snake passes stones..!
      Thats why I use a substrate thats easy to spot water or damp spots when they pass stones my boas usally play in the water bowels and splash water all over the place trying to pass them stones..
       This only happens  rarely but you need to check every day . If they lay in the stuff it will make them smell...and can cause a possible infection.. ALways change that water daily..keep it on the cool side
       It gets easier after a couple times ... don't leave the poo/pee in the cage , if you see it remove it...This would be a good time to wash your hands after cleaning a snake cage.and or water dish be sure the water dish isn't slimy if it is you need to wipe it with a paper towel to be sure its really clean. your having fun right? hehehehe
      Welcome to reptiles its all part of the game,, some of the people who post here have numerous cages that require frequent cleaning each day week.. Baby boa's go weekly adults are much less frequent.. cwm25.gif all my group are on a feeding cycle and they all sort of go together and I usally feed four days post cleanning the cage it seems they are ready to fed by then... Just an observation.. cwm15.gif
    doug

Leave a comment:

• Dameon_Snake
    started a topic Brown AND WHITE poop????

Brown AND WHITE poop????

It pooped for the first time....what a mess.....this thing poops more than a dog......anyways it was brown and white.........any concern on the white.......and how many time a month does it poop.......this stuff is grosss..........
Working...
X