This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• provent a mite

i was wondering how long you should let the cage dry and ventilate after spraying your substrate. i have the cage sitting outside .

Re: provent a mite

I wait 1 hour and then everything is fine. Most people say 30 minutes, but I generally wait the full hour.

The key I have seen is that the cage and substrate should be dry. Remember this leave a fine "dust" after it dries. It should be dry...
    To gain knowledge is good, but to share knowledge is wise

-Best Regards
    -Clay English
    Founder Redtailboas.com 1998-2013

Comment

i know i am a newby and all but i just would like to add my 2 cents. i am not lucky enough to have access to provent-a-mite living in canada, and i had to deal with mites. i found info here on using mineral oil, and it worked like a charm. it cost $3 and took about 1 hr to do the treatment and it worked on the first try ;D. it has been about 5 weeks since and no trace of mites. i am VERY green to the herp thing and it worked for me so i just want people to know that if you dont have access to such a awesome product like provent-a-mite, there are other good options. dont give up!!

Comment

I got really paranoid when I read that the vapors will harm my babies so I waited like 2 hours. but if clay says 1 hour then that should be fine.

Comment

i do the mineral oil thing on my smaller ones if needed. The PAM on larger ones that need it.. On the PAm I leave the snakes outta the cage for like 2 hours though. I'm just over kill I guess...

Comment

you wanna talk about paranoid, i didn't put my tree boa back in his cage for about 3 hours. ;D

Comment

Working...
            X