RTB Back Problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Behavior] RTB Back Problem?

So I am new to this, and I thought I would come on here and ask you guys first before spending money on a vet.

Anyways, it first started a couple months after I got my Boa (5-feet). It's really kinda hard to explain.
    At first when he did this I thought he was taking a poop, normally when my Boa is taking a poop he sounds constipated a little as normal.

Well he started making this loud sound, and I can hear him hissing terribly. Again at first I thought it was just him taking a huge poop, but it didn't sound good, so I went to check on him, and I notice there wasn't any poop. My first thought was maybe then he was having some muscle aches, or something because he had been coiled up for awhile.

Well now a month later he does it again. As usual it sounds like he's in a huge amount of pain. When it happens he keep thrusting himself, hissing terribly, and his body or something is making this loud noise. Not sure if it's coming from his back or what. Again I didn't worry to much about it.

Now lately it's started to happen a lot more frequently. It's starting to worry me because he sounds like hes in a lot of pain when it happens. Thrusting himself around the cage, hissing, loud sound coming from his back, ect.

What's weird is when it's over, he seems to be fine. I let him out of the cage and everything, and he seems to be ok. Not sure what the problem is or what I should do?

Re: RTB Back Problem?

Sounds to me like a vet visit is in order.

Sent from my HTC One via Tapatalk

-Sean in NoCal
    “Americanism means the virtues of courage, honor, justice, truth, sincerity, and hardihood – the virtues that made America.”
    -Teddy Roosevelt.

Comment

Yes, by all means take your snake to the vet!

Comment

To the vet you go!

Comment

Your vet will probably appreciate a video of that if you can get one...

Comment

A video would help because none of this sounds normal to me. Taking your boa to a vet is my best recommendation.
            http://berkeleyknebel.wix.com/mississippimorphs

Photo credit:Eddie Ard .....Banner Credit:Big PaPa Ernest

Comment

Working...
            X