Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Health-General] Calling all breeders to help

Hey guys and gals,

My rodent breeder is under attack from an upset and uninformed client. I would like to gather information for him to arm himself with because this is threatening his business.

One of his clients stated that 4 days after he fed 8 of his venomous snakes his rats, they bloated and died. He is placing all of the blame on my rat breeder whom is the nicest person and amazing breeder.

I have used ONLY his animals for feed the past 2 years and have 0 issues. I have snakes that were born here with me and have not eaten any other prey besides ones from his operation. They are all perfectly fine and healthy.

Alright.... down to the meat of the story. This guy is claiming that his rats gave his snakes IBD. I told him this is impossible since A) IBD can not be given by rats (i dont know this) and B) it would take much longer than 4 days to kill his snakes.

The swelling he described sounds like Crypto.

Could some of you help provide some facts as to why this guy is wrongly accusing my buddy? My breeder supplies the entire Buffalo, NY Zoo with their rodents and I really don't want to see him go under! His operation is so clean and well taken care of. I've NEVER had an issue with his prey..

Thank you all in advance.

Re: Calling all breeders to help

I should add that the irate customer got an exam done that came back NEGATIVE for IBD but he still persists it is! I can't believe this.

I also got a test on one of my snakes that I thought had IBD but mine was Negative as well.

Mind you that this irate customer bought snakes with 2 other people at the same time (assuming from the same breeder) the 2 other guys' snakes also perished who were NOT feeding on my breeders rodents.

Comment

The only fact I can give you - other than rats aren't carriers of IBD - is that if I had a mass die-off like that I would have had a necropsy done on my snakes to find out exactly what the fruitbat went wrong with them.

Comment

Toxic feeders can and do kill snakes under similar cirucmstances, but correlation does not equal causation.

If the buyer does not get a necropsy and pathology done, he has no leg to stand on.

If the breeder gets similar complaints he needs to consider he may have toxic feeders. He should probably euthanize a random set and get some tests done on them anyway if he is really concerned.

Either way, proof is required. Without it, it is merely speculation.

Comment

Originally posted by bcasilio View Post
          Mind you that this irate customer bought snakes with 2 other people at the same time (assuming from the same breeder) the 2 other guys' snakes also perished who were NOT feeding on my breeders rodents.
          Kinda puts things into perspective then, doesn't it? I've met ppl before where nothing is EVER their fault... And without proof of causation, your rodent-breeder could probably sue them for defamation of character, as accusations
          from a customer like this can certainly harm or ruin their business...I wish them luck.

Comment

good thing all of his customers know that this wasn't his fault as this is the only customer that has ever had issues with Ryan's product.

Comment

Originally posted by ElNino95 View Post
              good thing all of his customers know that this wasn't his fault as this is the only customer that has ever had issues with Ryan's product.
              Exactly! We'll need to meet up at Ryan's sometime soon.

I was enraged when he told me about this, I walked away from my desk at work to talk to him.

Comment

Originally posted by bcasilio View Post
                Exactly! We'll need to meet up at Ryan's sometime soon.

I was enraged when he told me about this, I walked away from my desk at work to talk to him.
                yes we do! and yeah he told me right away when i walked into the shop. i was not happy to hear this guys logic and worse off his dedication to mess up Ryan's business.

Comment

Working...
                X