Needing new homes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Health-General] Needing new homes!

Well it is time for me to get ready to say goodbye to our pets. My wife is stationed in Germany and I will be joining her there at the end of the summer. I hope to find them good homes because they are family, but I know those on this forum understand and agree with that!

Altogether we have 2 boas, one BCI, one Bob Futo line suriname, and two ball pythons, a male BEL and a female pinstripe. I live in northern Kentucky and I have not shipped before but I can learn if necessary. I also have nice cages available (pics in my profile of the cages but I need to update pics of the snakes).

Thanks,
    Eddie

Re: Needing new homes!

You have some beautiful snakes man. Best of luck with the re homing and your move.

Comment

What is the sex and price for the Bob Futo line Suriname?

Comment

I'm sorry to hear that you have to part with your pets and I wish you luck in finding homes for them.
        http://berkeleyknebel.wix.com/mississippimorphs

Photo credit:Eddie Ard .....Banner Credit:Big PaPa Ernest

Comment

Thanks Zamora! The Suriname is male and I was thinking 300. I originally bought him from Bob for 475 so it seems like a fair price but I don't usually sell snakes.

Comment

Both of the Boas are still available. They are both males and doing quite well! I have turned down several offers on craigslist of people that I was not confident would actually provide good homes!

Comment

Have you thought about posting on the bulletin boards that most veterinarians have in their offices? You'll at LEAST reach people who take their pets to the vet, and it's always possible that someone on staff will be
              interested or know someone who is too. (In fact the large BCI that I rescued, raised & mellowed for 12 years I gave to a vet-tech who works where I take my dogs...she is in GREAT hands.)

It's not easy finding the right homes for pets, especially the bigger ones...I sure wish you well on this. Sometimes you have to keep "turning over the rocks"...

Comment

If you are shipping I may be interested in your suriname male, how's his temperament?

Comment

Thanks Noelle! I may try that out if I don't have better luck soon. GoingPostal, I may ship, I haven't done that before but I'm sure I can figure it out. His temperament is good, especially for a BCC from what I hear. He is a bit jumpy when I touch his tail but he has never struck at me and I have never heard him hiss. That goes for both actually. Neither one has struck at me or hissed.

Comment

Before you offer to ship, have you checked with those who ship? I think there's a size limit to what snakes they will ship, if I'm not mistaken??? It also may have changed by now, it's been a few years since I
                    shipped any. Last one I used was ShipYourReptiles (& with good results), but again, that was a small snake. I don't know how big your boas are, but this is not something you want to wait to find out on. Last
                    minute snafus are best avoided for the sake of your pets.

Comment

Originally posted by ewaldrep View Post
                      ..... He is a bit jumpy when I touch his tail but he has never struck at me and I have never heard him hiss. That goes for both actually. Neither one has struck at me or hissed.
                      ALL snakes are jumpy when you touch their tail...it's a defense instinct. I'd worry more if they DIDN'T react.

Comment

Originally posted by Noelle7206 View Post
                        I think there's a size limit to what snakes they will ship, if I'm not mistaken???
                        Nope, no limit on size but the bigger they are, the more it costs to ship them. I paid $150.00 for shipping of an adult BCC.
                        http://berkeleyknebel.wix.com/mississippimorphs

Photo credit:Eddie Ard .....Banner Credit:Big PaPa Ernest

Comment

Working...
                        X