!!!??? Worm like substance in urates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Urination] !!!??? Worm like substance in urates

Can anyone tell me what this worm like substance is that I found a few hours ago in my female Albino Motley urates? I also found this same substance but in the same form as the second pic posted on the wall of her water dish a few days prior. I talked to a buddy of mine who stated it to be a parasite and that I should seek immediate vet care before it becomes fatal. I'm more than worried as I have never seen anything like this from any of my Boas. Btw, I picked it out of the urates as I always closely examine my boas and their feces for the well-being of their health.

When added to water it turned out like this...

I would appreciate the help.

Re: !!!??? Worm like substance in urates

I wish I could help on this one but something that's potentially a problem I'd hate to guess. I have never had any parasites or problems with my boas but the pictures look like sperm plugs I have seen here. Maybe your female is a male, hopefully someone that definitely recognizes the pictures can help soon. Fingers crossed for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Avalanche View Post
      I wish I could help on this one but something that's potentially a problem I'd hate to guess. I have never had any parasites or problems with my boas but the pictures look like sperm plugs I have seen here. Maybe your female is a male, hopefully someone that definitely recognizes the pictures can help soon. Fingers crossed for you.
      I was thinking the same. I wouldn't think a worm would sort of dissolve or turn into that type of form when placed in water. Also, she/he (possibly he as I've been having second guesses) has some very pronounced spurs. She/he has been only eating once a month since winter has came. (Live in Michigan) and when I handle her/him an a young male together, she/he is very interested in him and tries to ride his back. She's/he's 1.5 years old btw. All these things have been making me think I could possibly have a male Albino Motley on my hands. The breeder I got her/him from was sure she/he was female.

Comment

It does look very much like a sperm plug someone else had earlier this week... or two weeks? Time flies.
        Worst case scenario: If you are still not sure, take her/him to a vet who hopefully has experience with boas. That should help answer the question.

Comment

And...

She's a male.

Comment

Originally posted by Velle96 View Post
            And...

She's a male.
            I thought so. Hopefully you wanted that breeding? Good luck with them.
            http://berkeleyknebel.wix.com/mississippimorphs

Photo credit:Eddie Ard .....Banner Credit:Big PaPa Ernest

Comment

Originally posted by zamora View Post
              I thought so. Hopefully you wanted that breeding? Good luck with them.
              Yes. I can get my hypo motleys sooner than anticipated.

Comment

Best of the luck on the breeding

Comment

Working...
                X