Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from the middle of no where North Dakota. Posting for a friend, need help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from the middle of no where North Dakota. Posting for a friend, need help!!

Hi
    I'm Melissa and I'm posting for a friend. His snake got stuck in between a wall and radiator for about a week. She is about 8ft long and a red tail boa. He's had since she was a baby. She looks bad and he's pretty sure she isn't gonna make it. Any advice is appreciated. Finding a vet that accepts snakes where I live is next to impossible. He isn't sure what to do so I'm trying to help him out with some research.

Re: Hello from the middle of no where North Dakota. Posting for a friend, need help!!

Using this link, I found one vet in Fargo. Member Search Results - Association of Reptilian and Amphibian Veterinarians
    He hasn't turned on the radiator, has he? He could try to unscrew it from the wall to try to get it out. Sorry that I'm not much help. I don't have radiators where I'm from.

Comment

Re: Hello from the middle of no where North Dakota. Posting for a friend, need help!!

Originally posted by melissak View Post
      Hi
      I'm Melissa and I'm posting for a friend. His snake got stuck in between a wall and radiator for about a week. She is about 8ft long and a red tail boa. He's had since she was a baby. She looks bad and he's pretty sure she isn't gonna make it. Any advice is appreciated. Finding a vet that accepts snakes where I live is next to impossible. He isn't sure what to do so I'm trying to help him out with some research.
      I assume he has gotten the snake out? What seems to be the problem? Hypothermia, I assume? Any injuries/cuts? Getting a vet's help is best but of course, many just don't have the training, snakes are so
      different. The first vet I ever took a snake to actually got out some medical books & tried his best to help, so if the vet isn't having a fear-"melt-down" you might at least find one that will try. That said, if the
      snake is seriously suffering, euthanasia might also be kinder with the help of a vet. Sorry for the situation (especially for the snake), if you can post pictures and/or be more specific, it would help us answer you.

Comment

Hello to the middle of nowhere North Dakota from the middle of nowhere High Desert California. Niceties aside, it would help if more info were forthcoming. I'm not sure if it is hypothermia or scalding/burns you are concerned about? Dehydration? Kinks or broken ribs? How to lure the snake out? I'm sincerely hoping your friend was in control of the radiator's operation and able to turn it off and keep it off while using an alternate heating source. Has it died since your post? An update would be appreciated.

Comment

Where in ND? There's a decent sized reptile community on the east side of the state and maybe someone who could get you in contact with a vet. I'm in rural MN, on the Canadian border and a few phone calls found a good herp vet within a few hours of me, has your friend called around to some vets to see what they suggest? If it's in that poor of condition I would hope a local vet, even if inexperienced would do some research and help with euthanasia.

Comment

Animal Health Clinic in Fargo works with exotics, including reptiles.

Comment

Looks like the OP hasn't been back since the day this was posted & before we could respond...bad timing (holidays), too bad.

Comment

Working...
              X