HR2811 video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HR2811 video

I recorded a portion of the HR2811 hearing follow the link and enjoy.
    CommitteeontheJudiciary.flv video by snakemastercanada - Photobucket

I also posted this on Monsters, Redtailboas, constrictors, bush league, ball pythons forums as well.

Re: HR2811 video

I'm not seeing any link. Is it working for anybody else?

Comment

Not working

Comment

Thanks

It worked for me.

Thanks

Comment

Video worked for me.

When this goes to the House I will fight this to the bone! And if I have to hand write each member of the House in my own blood and seal the envelopes with my own tears then so be it! ...But I've gotta say that I've got a bad feeling about this one. The arguments for HR2811 were more convincing than the 2 arguments against. If I were an uneducated person when it comes to reptiles and on that subcommittee and I were listening to those arguments I would be leaning in favor of HR2811.

We have got a tough tough fight ahead of us, and if every single one of us doesn't stand-up and act we will lose our hobby forever. And I mean that. It will be gone. And once the large constrictors are gone they will move on to hot herps, large lizards (such as monitors), and eventually all herps that are sold, traded, and transported. And eventually they will come for your pets. Right now they are still willing to let us keep the snakes they seek to ban, but eventually it will come to a point where they see any reptile kept in captivity, outside of zoological study, as a threat to public safety and our environment. HR2811 is just a stepping-stone. I am not exaggerating, and I'm not being paranoid. You watch. If we don't kill this in the House. The reptile industry and our pets will be eliminated one species at a time until the only place you can see a live reptile is at a zoo or museum. Mark my words. ...if this passes in the House I give the reptile industry 10 years until it is completely gone.

We need to start working now! Write your local representative, email them, call their office, and fax them. Call and fax as many other representatives as you can as well. Do it now! If we wait to act three days before this opens on the House floor like we did this time we are only helping them put the coffin nails in our hobby.

Act. Act Now! Or it will be too late.

Comment

did that doctor REALLY just suggest doing a study to see how many burms could make it across I-10 w/o getting killed?! other than that i think he did a decent job. he actually addressed the issues that are relevent to the legislation.

unfortunately he was NOT adament enough how FALSE that report is!

THAT is the crux of the issue! discrediting THAT is the only way we will succeed! emphasizing THAT is our ONLY way out of this!

but my overall impression is:

we're screwed. completely screwed

Comment

You should see all the stray cats I see everyday! They are widespread across the whole country and threaten the native rodent and bird populations! If we don't ban cats,those species will be doomed! Come to think of it....I have never seen a burm in my back yard!

Comment

I see there are letters to write for individual people. What would you do for a group of people? I have a friend that works at a pet store that sells reptiles and he wants me to get something like a petition for all customers to sign. Any ideas??

Comment

Originally posted by HopingForBabies View Post
                  I see there are letters to write for individual people. What would you do for a group of people? I have a friend that works at a pet store that sells reptiles and he wants me to get something like a petition for all customers to sign. Any ideas??

Personally at this point I think a petition is probably a lost cause.

What probably will need to be done is a letter drive like we did for HR 669

You type up a letter print out a bunch ,then get people to sign there name
                  and address to them and then yopu send them in

here are a couple threads that's illustrate how we tackled the last battle on HR 669

This going to be much tougher if its going to the floor for a vote

We'll all have to do as much or more sending the letters in to make our point

These threads are just to illustrate how we all approached the problem.

USARK Andrew Wyatt and Jeff Ronne will tell us what steps we need to take but

we need top be ready

click on linked red text

Multiply your influence on HR669

Re: HR669 Urgent Letter to the Reptile Nation

Lar M
                  Boas By Klevitz

sigpic

Comment

Actually Lar, a petition might be a good idea. If it goes to the floor we will need to sway the vote on as many reps as we can. If we attach a petition to an argument against HR 2811 and send it to our local rep we might give enough reasons (potential votes) to change his/her mind. Here's the thing, we have to have all this in place because we won't have much of a heads up before it goes to vote which could be Monday or sometime after Thanksgiving.

Here's the other challenge. It has to go to nearly every rep in every district so it would take a MAJOR grass roots effort from Reptile Nation. From what I've seen here only a very small number of districts has someone willing to do this.

I have an idea but I don't know how I can implement it. If we could get PIJAC to have every big chain store (PetSmart, PetLand, PETCO) put a petition in every store where it could be signed by every customer and then sent on to the rep in that stores district it could have a big impact.

This in combination with USARK's effort might give us a fighting chance. We don't want this to pass the House if we can avoid it. Bills gain momentum and get MUCH harder to fight as they pass each stage.

Comment

Originally posted by DIRTY SHOOTER View Post
                      Here's the thing, we have to have all this in place because we won't have much of a heads up before it goes to vote which could be Monday or sometime after Thanksgiving.
                      You think it will be that soon? Maybe if it's on a hot plate... I was figuring that this would hit the floor in about 3-5 months. I hope it's not later this month!

I have an idea but I don't know how I can implement it. If we could get PIJAC to have every big chain store (PetSmart, PetLand, PETCO) put a petition in every store where it could be signed by every customer and then sent on to the rep in that stores district it could have a big impact.
                      I think that's a great idea! My suggestion: contact PIJAC and see what they can do with regards to your idea. I just became a member of PIJAC last week, so I'll contact them about this as well. If a number of people suggest it the more likely it is to happen. The only set back for an idea like this: getting it implemented in a timely fashion. But we gotta do something and we gotta think outside the box. Good idea!

Comment

Could we mount a facebook campaign and write our thoughts directly on their wall for the senators and congress people . Most politicians seem to have a facebook page. Just a thought.

Comment

I like the petition idea and getting big pet stores involved!!! Great ideas!!

Comment

Ok,I am not that good at writing that stuff..lol If somebody can write it,I will get some signatures!

Comment

Originally posted by snakemaster View Post
                              Could we mount a facebook campaign and write our thoughts directly on their wall for the senators and congress people . Most politicians seem to have a facebook page. Just a thought.
                              Couldn't hurt.

Comment

Working...
                              X