Let Obama know

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let Obama know

So I read this on another forum and it's not a bad idea,what ever it takes right? So we all know Obama wants there to be more jobs for us he also said if there is something hurting our bussines to let him know. So let's flood the white house with phone calls emails and letters to Obama about S373 and H2811. Tell him if these pass many bussiness's will go under.
    Heres the link to the thread by TSK Kingsnake.com - Herpforum - President Obama want to hear from you

Here is a link to the info for the white house Contact the White House | The White House

Just an idea, can't hurt right?

Re: Let Obama know

You know that is a great Idea. I am all for it.

Comment

I was thinking about that the other day... He is the last hoop these bills will have to go through.

The only thing is, we will truly need to FLOOD his office in order to be heard above everything else that's going on these days...

... and by 'flood' I mean bigger than the response for hr669 (which, for the record, was bigger than what we've seen for the two recent ones...)

I also think that waiting until these make it through congress is NOT a wise move. He needs to be made aware of it before it ever leaves congress and finds its way to his desk - a preemptive strike, if-you-will...
      Last edited by dangles; 12-06-2009, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dangles View Post
        I was thinking about that the other day... He is the last hoop these bills will have to go through.

The only thing is, we will truly need to FLOOD his office in order to be heard above everything else that's going on these days...

... and by 'flood' I mean bigger than the response for hr669 (which, for the record, was bigger than what we've seen for the two recent ones...)

I also think that waiting until these make it through congress is NOT a wise move. He needs to be made aware of it before it ever leaves congress and finds its way to his desk - a preemptive strike, if-you-will...
        I agree Chris. So let's get the ball Rollin folks,start callin,sending letters and emails to our President and make him aware of what is going on and the impact it will have on many familys and jobs that will be lost if these bills are passed.

Comment

Great idea!! I was thinking about it too, but wasn't sure if it would work, but worth a try! There are millions of us reptile lovers so we can do it!

Comment

you guys are welcome to use this as a template, but I'd recommend writing a NEW email each day. The more variety he gets, the better!

Mr. President,*

Please veto 'The Python Ban.'

HR2811 and S373 are companion-bills currently making their way through Congress that would add all 40 species of pythons to the Lacey Act, which would ban all import and interstate transport of the animals. There is also a strong movement to add Boa Constrictors (as well as a few other large constrictors) to the bill.*

On the surface, these bills would appear to help curb the spread of these non-native species through the native ecosystem of Florida, but THIS IS NOT THE CASE.*

The so-called 'science' that these two bills are based on has been criticized as 'bad science' by a group of biologists who specialize in reptiles. There is also a more thorough and accurate publication that directly contradicts the basis for the bills.

There has been no credible, scientific evidence that these animals pose any threat to our native ecosystems. Most could not even survive long-term here in the States. * *

In the end, these bills will accomplish nothing more than the decimation of a 3 billion dollar per year industry. Tens upon tens of thousands of small and medium sized businesses will be shut down overnight, and all of their employees will be jobless. *

In summary, if S373 and/or HR2811 arrive at your desk, PLEASE VETO THEM. These bills will NOT have a worthwhile effect on the problem in the Everglades and will only put tens upon tens of thousands of people out of work.

Thank you for your time,*
            Chris DeLange*

Comment

Does anyone have the contact info for fax, and emails, also what about contacted USARK so they can put the word out for contacted Obama offices.

Comment

Working...
              X