Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shut Down RTB.com NOW, and NO more boa giveaways!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shut Down RTB.com NOW, and NO more boa giveaways!

***this is now mostly outdated... please follow the following link if you would like to help out!***

http://www.redtailboas.com/forum/ind...re-opened.html

EDIT: I wanted to say that Chris has my full support in this thread and in this fight. Please do not hesitate. This is for real.
    Step Up and Stand Out.
    Clay English

YouTube - Stop Senate Bill S373

Jeff Ronne Sr.

hey folks...

hopefully that title got your attention. if you haven't heard much about the python ban that's rapidly moving through congress, WAKE UP!

it's time to 'lock and load' as they say...

this thursday, the bill goes before the committee for 'markup,' where any proposed amendments will be considered and added.

it is VERY LIKELY that the BIG 9 WILL BE ADDED TO THE BAN!

this includes BOAS!

this is a (short) list of what will happen....

1. if you don't live in wisconsin, you will NOT be allowed to buy a boa from THE BOAPHILE!

2. if you don't live in texas, you will NOT be allowed to buy a boa from CLAY ENGLISH or VPI!

3. NO MORE BOA GIVEAWAY CONTESTS!

4. if you don't live in the state the boa breeder is from, YOU CAN'T BUY HIS/HER BOAS!

5. rodent pro will likely go OUT OF BUSINESS! (along with the other big rodent supply companies).

6. commercial cages? yeah. those, too. (w/o new boas being produced, why make more cages, right?)

7. remember that BOAPHILE guy? yeah. he'll be virtually BANKRUPT overnight! clay english, too (among THOUSANDS of others!). after all, how are they gonna pay their mortgages, huh? this is their career, you know...

8. and OH YEAH, this would all apply to PYTHONS, too! carpet pythons, BALL PYTHONS, burmese pythons, reticulated pythons, blood pythons, children's pythons, etc. etc. etc.!!! you name it, YOU CAN'T BUY IT from someone out of state!

9. and here's the kicker (ok, it's not the only one, but you get the picture)... if you ever move to another state, YOU CAN'T TAKE YOUR BOAS AND PYTHONS! interstate transport will be banned, remember?

guys, gals, if you've never lifted a political finger before this point, NOW IS THE TIME.

for all you who vote faithfully every day in the free boa contest and HAVEN'T done this yet, GET TO IT! this is WAY more important than winning a free boa! don't you get it?!?!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

here's what you can do
    ... it'll take NO MORE THAN 5 minutes, I SWEAR!

step one: go here: USARK and follow the instructions.

step two: then copy this:

President Obama,
    S373 aka the Python Ban is being considered in the Senate right now. It will destroy thousands of jobs and bankrupt thousands of American families. The bill has been sensationalized and politicized and has no basis in real science. In fact a report generated by USGS to justify this bill has been called unscientific by an independent panel of scientists. It is being pushed by powerful special interest groups and it will hurt me financially. It is a confiscation of my personal property rights and will not solve the problems proponents claim it addresses. This is clearly a situation that has become politically driven and ignores science that does not support S373. Please do not allow politics to trump good science and sound policy. This is wrong and you promised in your election campaign not to allow situations like this to occur. Please stop S373.

and paste it here: Contact the White House | The White House

step three: then if you decide that this truly IS important - and i assure you it is - take another 5 minutes and go here: S.373: A bill to amend title 18, United States Code, to include constrictor snakes of the species Python genera... OpenCongress and sign up.

once signed in, vote against S373, and click on 'write your senators' at the right of the page (this is the more important part).

copy and paste this in each of the boxes:

S373 aka the Python Ban is being considered in the Senate right now. It will destroy thousands of jobs and bankrupt thousands of American families. The bill has been sensationalized and politicized and has no basis in real science. In fact a report generated by USGS to justify this bill has been called unscientific by an independent panel of scientists. It is being pushed by powerful special interest groups and it will hurt me financially. It is a confiscation of my personal property rights and will not solve the problems proponents claim it addresses. This is clearly a situation that has become politically driven and ignores science that does not support S373. Please do not allow politics to trump good science and sound policy. This is wrong and you promised in your election campaign not to allow situations like this to occur. Please stop S373.

step 4: if you'd rather not sign up at opencongress.org, then at LEAST write your senators from their websites!

here's where you can find your senators: U.S. Senate: Senators Home and the links to write to them.

please also get everyone you know to do this, especially the first two steps! Also, DO THIS MULTIPLE TIMES!

most of you out there have no idea how close we are to not having a hobby anymore... please take my word for it that we are closer today than EVER before to having our hobby (and many of our livelihoods) outlawed!
    Only 1 Step :(
    4.62%
    I did Two Steps
    3.08%
    Count me in for Three Steps
    11.28%
    All 4 Steps for me!
    24.62%
    I don't care about the industry, or your jobs. I didn't do any.
    1.03%
    ALL FOUR, AND I RECRUITED OTHERS TO DO THEM, TOO! (I'M A REPTILE NATION SOLDIER!!!)
    55.38%
    Last edited by dangles; 07-07-2010, 06:00 PM.

re: Shut Down RTB.com NOW, and NO more boa giveaways!

Chris has made this as easy as it gets people! If you know how to post pics in a thread, you can do this!!!!!

Comment

now all it needs a "git-er-done" video from jeff...

Comment

Hey, is there a way to get around putting your zip code in? I tried to email Kathy Castor of Florida on her web site, but it sends me to my state rep.

I was able to send an email to Bill Nelson.

Comment

done deal chris. . .the open congress site wouldnt let me write to my senator so i used the other site in "step 4". . .everything else went through. . .thanks for this thread. . .

Comment

Originally posted by miknoypinoy View Post
            done deal chris. . .the open congress site wouldnt let me write to my senator so i used the other site in "step 4". . .everything else went through. . .thanks for this thread. . .
            I had some issues with it signing me out too. Just keep trying a few more times and it will work.

Comment

If this thing passes, i will have an hour drive to the vet instead of a 10 minute drive.

We CAN NOT let this pass!!!!

No more exciting reptile shows.
              No more buying the newest morphs.
              It will all be gone in a flash!

Comment

I have done my part. Keep it going people.

Comment

Lets Go Reptile Nation.

Our boas ARE in jeopardy and it is for REAL

Don't think they stop here. IF this legislation passes, all other reptiles, birds, fish, and yes cats and dogs will not be far behind them.
                  To gain knowledge is good, but to share knowledge is wise

-Best Regards
                  -Clay English
                  Founder Redtailboas.com 1998-2013

Comment

USARK

Comment

Re: Shut down rtb.com, no more boa giveaways!

I've done my part for today, and will be doing it again tomorrow.

Remember: once our boas and pythons are gone it's too late to complain and too late to do anything about it. Act now. Save your rights and our hobby!

Comment

Re: Shut Down RTB.com NOW, and NO more boa giveaways!

If you have not joined USARK, PLEASE DO it now!!!! It is not expensive at all, you can even sign up for EMAIL alerts for free!

At least go every day for a month without that candy bar or bottle of soda.
                        Then you will have enough money to join!

Comment

I hope people are ready to do what it takes to keep our hobby alive !!

Lar M
                          Boas By Klevitz

sigpic

Comment

On the white house page there is no way to contact them, just phone numbers.
                            http://www.iherp.com/topshelfmorphs

http://www.facebook.com/boidsohio

Comment

i was able to do #1 and 4, but for #2, i didnt see any email addresses to mail out the email to?? and # 3 it didnt wanna let me paste it in anywhere??

Comment

Working...
                              X