Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SaveOurSnakes.org helpful website

SaveOurSnakes.org - click here

Reptile enthusiasts this is your time to stand up and let your elected leaders know you position on proposed laws. This is for all of you who love reptiles from the keeper to the breeder, your elected representative needs to see YOU. There have been call ins, fax & email campaigns, but just like a job interview the lasting impression is a face to face interview. You need to walk into your Senator's & Congressman's office and talk with him/her or their aids. I do not mean the person sitting at the phone. You need to get into the office, sit down and talk to the person who reports to the Senator or Congressman. Be prepared with the facts. This is an easy thing to do. It will take an hour of your day for some and a few more for others. I realize some of you do not live close to where your representatives offices are located, but I urge you to take the time and go. It is actually a very rewarding experience. Being a part of the process is a great feeling. Acting in the process instead of standing on the sidelines and being acted upon is where all Americans should be.
    We have organizations like PIJAC and USARK working in our behalf. But they cannot do it alone. It takes a grassroots effort. This site is just that a tool for us all to use to get a visual of how we are doing. It may seem a little thrown together and it was, but time is of the essence here. So here is what you need to do.

Put this web address - http://www.saveoursnakes.org - Save Our Snakes - click here - in all your emails, on your website, facebook, twitter & Myspace. Everywhere you can think of plaster it over the internet. Then find your Senator and Congressman listed here and go to their office. You do not need an appointment. There are people there during business hours. Be presentable and courteous and ask for a few minutes of their time. On this site you will find what you can say about these proposed bills. Take a picture of yourself in the office next to the flags if you can or grab a business card to show you were there. Send it to us in an email and we will show that your reps were visited in person.

Go to the website and read the rest http://www.saveoursnakes.org - Save Our Snakes - click here
    and read more about what else you can do

Lar M
    Boas By Klevitz

sigpic

Re: SaveOurSnakes.org helpful website

I will try to get that done first thing thursday morning!

Thanks for that, Larry!

Get it done, people!!!

Comment

I personnaly talked to my Senator friday. I work on his vehicle at my shop and haven't seen him lately He just happen in on friday and got to talk long and hard with him about s373 he was very interest. Also told him if the bill does not pass through I would do his next repair free.
      He had no Idea about the bill. He did say he would oppose it and would talk to others for us about opposition aswell.

Comment

I've been posting this link and a few others anywhere I can think of, movie forums, the playstation forums, facebook etc... maybe I can convince some more people to call for us but I gotta wait for them to get off work. Great work Chris, you're a machine.

Mat.

Comment

Originally posted by snake77
          I personnaly talked to my Senator friday. I work on his vehicle at my shop and haven't seen him lately He just happen in on friday and got to talk long and hard with him about s373 he was very interest. Also told him if the bill does not pass through I would do his next repair free.
          He had no Idea about the bill. He did say he would oppose it and would talk to others for us about opposition aswell.
          That is fantastic! What party is he?

Make sure you keep in contact with him, and if he needs any more info, let him know about usark and get him in contact with Andrew Wyatt (contact info on website)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

He is Republican and he did give me his card with cell so yes that is a key man in my hat.

Comment

Thanks for the link and info Lar!

Originally posted by dangles View Post
              That is fantastic! What party is he?
              Just for the record: not all of us Democrats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by MLynch View Post
                lol! i know, bro... my mom is one

i prefer to remain (mostly) apolitical. if it weren't for this crap, i'd be pretty much COMPLETELY apolitical. mike (dirty) thinks he's created a monster out of me... he and i went back and forth for a while a while back about politics. good times

Comment

ok, folks... this one is REALLY important! let's get some of those states turned blue! (not 'democrat,' of course... it just means somebody met with the congressmen )

in-person meetings are the BEST way to have in impact!

like they said, it doesn't even have to be the senator/representative him or herself. even the aides in the offices are great to talk to (in person, of course).

so let's get it DONE!

Comment

bump this ONE MORE TIME before i got to bed...

spread the word!

Comment

Originally posted by MLynch View Post
                      Thanks for the link and info Lar!

Not all...but most.

Originally posted by dangles View Post
                      lol! i know, bro... my mom is one

i prefer to remain (mostly) apolitical. if it weren't for this crap, i'd be pretty much COMPLETELY apolitical. mike (dirty) thinks he's created a monster out of me... he and i went back and forth for a while a while back about politics. good times
                      Everybody is political when the right buttons sre pushed. Chris prided himself as a political pacifist until they came for his snakes. Then he learned the way of the right wing warrior and now I think he enjoys the fight. LOL!

Here's an old Latin adage that I live by;

Si vis pacem, para bellum

"If you wish for peace, prepare for war"

Comment

Originally posted by DIRTY SHOOTER View Post
                        Not all...but most.
                        LOL! Well, I'm happy to be an exception.

Here's an old Latin adage that I live by;

Si vis pacem, para bellum

"If you wish for peace, prepare for war"
                        Given our current fight (HR669, HR2811, and S373) I find that to be particularly appropriate! Thanks for the new sig, Mike!

Comment

Working...
                        X