Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The fight against the Python Bill - On Fox 4 News!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The fight against the Python Bill - On Fox 4 News!!!

Check it out:

Snake Lovers Fight Possible Federal Python Ban - WDAF

Re: The fight against the Python Bill - On Fox 4 News!!!

boo-ya!!!

Comment

That was actually a decent piece. Thanks for sharing!

Now if we could do that in every major market in every state in the union we would squash this thing.

Comment

I've been looking for any media exposure on any channel in the Chicago market
        as well as FOX,MSNBC, CNN etc... nothing at all.

At least this issue made it on that News outlet
        it was a decent peice of media as well

I've been really frustrated this media "Blitz" we are attempting 5 days before
        it goes to mark up seems well a little late

We on this Forum said this media Blitz approach is what was needed weeks ago

Again I'll say I'm very frustrated about this

Exposure Exposure Exposure that's what is needed and more Exposure

Lar M
        Boas By Klevitz

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Boa Amarali View Post
          I've been looking for any media exposure on any channel in the Chicago market
          as well as FOX,MSNBC, CNN etc... nothing at all.

At least this issue made it on that News outlet
          it was a decent peice of media as well

I've been really frustrated this media "Blitz" we are attempting 5 days before
          it goes to mark up seems well a little late

We on this Forum said this media Blitz approach is what was needed weeks ago

Again I'll say I'm very frustrated about this

Exposure Exposure Exposure that's what is needed and more Exposure
          definitely feel ya there, lar...

the only bright side is, thursday will not be the end - whatever they decide. thursday is only (i don't say that lightly) the bill markup. this is where they will decide what (if any) amendments to add. from there it still has to be voted on by the full senate, then on to the house to be ratified (unless they decide to just use hr2811 as the ratification and combine the bills... which would be pretty easy since they are the SAME). then on to the president.

so while time is definitely short, we do still have some.

there are still things in the works - behind the scenes, i mean... some BIG names are doing some potentially BIG things. they're just waiting for JUST THE RIGHT TIME to brandish the BIG guns...

i get the feeling the 'sleeping giant' (aka the 'reptile nation') is finally being roused... this has the makings to be even bigger than the 669 campaign, just in a different way.

Comment

Shhhhaaaaaweet. What we could is send this same link to our local media and have them air it or do there own.

Comment

larry, check your email, then your PM

Comment

Originally posted by dangles View Post
                definitely feel ya there, lar...

the only bright side is, thursday will not be the end - whatever they decide. thursday is only (i don't say that lightly) the bill markup. this is where they will decide what (if any) amendments to add. from there it still has to be voted on by the full senate, then on to the house to be ratified (unless they decide to just use hr2811 as the ratification and combine the bills... which would be pretty easy since they are the SAME). then on to the president.

so while time is definitely short, we do still have some.

there are still things in the works - behind the scenes, i mean... some BIG names are doing some potentially BIG things. they're just waiting for JUST THE RIGHT TIME to brandish the BIG guns...

i get the feeling the 'sleeping giant' (aka the 'reptile nation') is finally being roused... this has the makings to be even bigger than the 669 campaign, just in a different way.

I've been curious about how the Bills would combine. I read some stuff that stated since they are sister Bills.
                Senate would vote then pass S373 to House and house would combine H.R.2811 with S373 and vote
                I'm not clear if that's real process or not

I don't the Bill to make it out of the Senate.

Lar M
                Boas By Klevitz

sigpic

Comment

That is very nice to see. Thanks for the link.

Comment

Yeah - I wish I had friends in high places (or "low places" since we are talking about the media, lol) to propagate this type of story.

I'm working my network. Maybe a friend of a friend of a friend works for the news. (And knows Kevin Bacon, LOL).

Comment

Hello, hello, I need ammo please. I am going on the news today down here in South Florida. PLease read my other post.

Comment

Wait... on the news report she said S373 would make it illegal to own these snakes... What? I thought there was no language in the proposed bill that related to snakes already owned in captivity. I thought it was only directed towards the import, sale, trade, and transport of the animals. I though currently owned reptiles were still safe.

Comment

Originally posted by MLynch View Post
                          Wait... on the news report she said S373 would make it illegal to own these snakes... What? I thought there was no language in the proposed bill that related to snakes already owned in captivity. I thought it was only directed towards the import, sale, trade, and transport of the animals. I though currently owned reptiles were still safe.
                          The way I've read it, the reptiles you currently own are safe... for now.... Unless you happen to move to another state. At that point, it would be illegal to take them with you.

Comment

Originally posted by MLynch View Post
                            she was wrong, and linda is right. it wasn't the only error she made, but nothing major... so i didn't say anything.

Comment

Thanks, guys.

It's the errors in the report that I find frustrating. Yes, it's a step in a positive direction, but it was clearly not well researched before being made. And I couldn't help but feel there was still and underlying anti-python sentiment throughout the broadcast (in language and in tone).

I appreciate the step, but I feel that in order to make an impact it should have been better presented.

Sorry, I don't mean to be pessimistic and critical... It's just my mood today.

Comment

Working...
                              X