send a snake to your senator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• send a snake to your senator

I found this on Kingsnake.com and also on facebook.

am sending my Snakes to Congress!
    Category:Common Interest - Pets & AnimalsDescription:Once again our hobby finds itself at the breach, pushed to the edge by politicians more interested in sound bytes than sound laws and regulations. The proposals bandied about regarding constrictor snakes will end up costing the country a fortune in combating a problem that exists, that can only exist, in a geographically small area of the country. It will do nothing to eliminate the animals already here, which thanks to NPS policies have been allowed to thrive. Stopping this imaginary "snake invasion" will eliminate thousands of jobs nationwide, primarily in the small business sector, virtually overnight adding to already staggering record unemployment numbers, while denying those same people and millions of Americans their pets. Worst of all it will create an epidemic of pet dumping, with thousands of owners dumping their pet snakes into Americas wilds rather than see them "euthanized" at the hands of government officials.

I say that if Congress wants to deal with the python issue, let them deal with the pythons too.

I am asking all snake owners in the United States to send their congressman and senators their snakes.

Should these regulations pass I think that everyone should deposit their snakes with their federal
    representatives directly for proper "disposal".

And to emphasis the point that you are serious, I am asking that everyone mail a letter to this effect
    along with a shed snake skin to their congressman and senators, and especially to the members of the
    Environment and Public Works committee listed below:

Senator Bill Nelson (D-FL), (Sponsor S373)
    Phone: 202-224-5274
    Fax: 202-228-2183

Senator Barbara Boxer (D-CA), (Chair EPW)
    Phone: (202) 224-3553
    Fax: (202) 224-0454

Senator James Inhofe (R-OK), (Ranking Member EPW)
    Phone: (202) 224-4721
    Fax: (202) 228-0380

Senator Ben Cardin (D-MD), (Chair Water & Wildlife)
    Phone: 202-224-4524
    Fax: 202-224-1651

Senator Mike Crapo (R-ID), (Ranking Member Water & Wildlife)
    Phone: (202) 224-6142
    Fax: (202) 228-1375

Lamar Alexander (R-TN)
    Phone: (202) 224-4944
    Fax: (202) 228-3398

Re: send a snake to your senator

Bad Idea! You don't follow a wrong with another one!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by marc49127 View Post
      Bad Idea! You don't follow a wrong with another one!!!!
      I'm just saying what I saw.

Comment

really funny bad idea but funny

ups: delivery
        senator:wow this is heavy
        ups:sign here
        senator: have a nice day (opens package) ahh its kind of cute cancel the ban
        we could only wish

Comment

That is a bad idea. If this bill passes, my snakes aren't going anywhere. They'll stay right here along with my guns and my pitbull and I will die before I give any of that up to a government that would rather take away freedoms than solve the real issue at hand.
          http://www.iherp.com/topshelfmorphs

http://www.facebook.com/boidsohio

Comment

Originally posted by b3napoleon View Post
            If this bill passes, my snakes aren't going anywhere. They'll stay right here along with my guns and my pitbull and I will die before I give any of that up to a government that would rather take away freedoms than solve the real issue at hand.

Well said!!!

Comment

Isn't this constrictor ban proposal against you Yanks' constitutional rights or something? We have no such bans on the horizon here in Blighty.

However we do have bans on keeping some kinds of dogs, and severe restrictions on keeping others e.g. Pits. This is B/S too, although so-called dangerous dogs definately do more damage than our constrictors, which are generally docile.

Don't let your government take the piss guys......

Comment

That is a bad idea. If this bill passes, my snakes aren't going anywhere. They'll stay right here along with my guns and my pitbull and I will die before I give any of that up to a government that would rather take away freedoms than solve the real issue at hand.

Yeah!!!

Comment

well said....

Comment

Well said!
                    These bans so piss me off. I am soldier fighting to protect our country and our reps are trying to take our rights away!

Comment

at the end it said

"And to emphasis the point that you are serious, I am asking that everyone mail a letter to this effect
                      along with a shed snake skin to their congressman and senators, and especially to the members of the
                      Environment and Public Works committee listed below"

Comment

im gonna mail them my snake terds....

after...the bill is rejected of course

Comment

that was funny jgonzalez i almost spit up milk lmao

Comment

Working...
                          X