• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snake Breeders Battle National Bill

More and more of these are popping up.

Snake Breeders Battle National Bill - News Story - WPTZ Plattsburgh

Re: Snake Breeders Battle National Bill

Thanks Gerry I read thearticle but the video never beffered in for I'll try later

Lar M
    Boas By Klevitz

sigpic

Comment

The video was a female Ball python breeder expressing her concern, as this bill impacts her livelihood with her home based business, it was good.

Comment

I just checked it out... very awesome... we need to keep preasure on the news orgs to... People need to know that snakes are not the vicous man eaters snake haters make them out to be.

Thanks for the post, Mike

Comment

I think its great that we are able to get on the news and talk about our concerns, but it really sucks that the newspeople always go into the story with some comment about how they don't like snakes. This means that people who watch it are already thinking about their fear of snakes before the video even gets played. I wish more people could think for themselves instead of just listening to whatever the media tells them.

Comment

Thanks for sharing. We need to see more of these. We need to raise public awareness, change some opinions, and educate.

Comment

Thanks for posting that vid. Hopefully we can get more favorable media involvement before S.373 goes to the floor.

Comment

Media coverage and personal meetings with our Sen & even Congression Reps

Lar M
                Boas By Klevitz

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Boa Amarali View Post
                  Media coverage and personal meetings with our Sen & even Congression Reps
                  Indeed. I'm going to try and meet with my senator regrading this matter.

Comment

The video buffered for me just fine (but I'm hours later on watching it than you) just wanted to let others know it is working now...

The one thing I liked about this one compared to the other I saw was they pointed out that they are [also] trying to ban ones that have nothing to do with the everglades "crisis".

Comment

Awesome - good to see. Need more!

Comment

That's great news! I sent some info to my local newspaper and the Columbus dispatch but I don't think they ever printed a story. We need stories like this all over the country so the general public sees how much of a negative impact the python ban would have on small businesses.
                        http://www.iherp.com/topshelfmorphs

http://www.facebook.com/boidsohio

Comment

Most of these stories come across (to me) like the average joe is hearing "snake owners may lose some of their snakes". And they probably think "aww, big deal. Who needs snakes anyway?"

We need some news stories a bit more provocative that REALLY scream out:
                          - Politicians are about to destroy THOUSANDS of jobs
                          - New Reptile Bill will CONTRIBUTE to the unemployment problem!
                          - Politicians will crater the reptile industry
                          - Bills are now getting passed despite lack of scientific backing or proof
                          - One state is unfairly impacting the other 49 states...
                          - A reptile bill is about to set a very bad precedent...
                          - Etc.

Media likes to create and report controversy. Let's help give them some... We need reports that appeal to non-snake owners. Because most of them just don't "get us." We need to spin it in a way that they see why they SHOULD care - because this bill is not just about snakes...

Wish I had connections...

Comment

Working...
                          X