Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

S373 is DEAD!!! The BOAPHILE WILL have a MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S373 is DEAD!!! The BOAPHILE WILL have a MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

ok, so i lied.

you won't be just helping the boaphile have a merry christmas...

you will be helping BOA BREEDERS EVERYWHERE - including our very own CLAY ENGLISH - have a merry christmas!

and oh yeah! YOU will also have a merry christmas IF WE ARE ABLE TO DESTROY S373!

HERE'S HOW YOU CAN HELP!

Step Up and Stand Out.

Clay English

YouTube - Stop Senate Bill S373
    Jeff Ronne Sr.

hey folks...

hopefully that title got your attention. if you haven't heard much about the python ban that's rapidly moving through congress, WAKE UP!

it's time to 'lock and load' as they say...

this PAST thursday, the bill went before the committee for 'markup,' where
    the BIG 9 WERE ADDED TO THE BAN!
    this includes BOAS!

this is a (short) list of what will happen....

1. if you don't live in Minnesota , you will NOT be allowed to buy a boa from THE BOAPHILE!

2. if you don't live in texas, you will NOT be allowed to buy a boa from CLAY ENGLISH or VPI!

3. NO MORE BOA GIVEAWAY CONTESTS!

4. if you don't live in the state the boa breeder is from, YOU CAN'T BUY HIS/HER BOAS!

5. rodent pro will likely go OUT OF BUSINESS! (along with the other big rodent supply companies).

6. commercial cages? yeah. those, too. (w/o new boas being produced, why make more cages, right?)

7. remember that BOAPHILE guy? yeah. he'll be virtually BANKRUPT overnight! clay english, too (among THOUSANDS of others!). after all, how are they gonna pay their mortgages, huh? this is their career, you know... HOW'S THAT FOR A CRAPPY CHRISTMAS?

8. and OH YEAH, this would all apply to 8 OTHER SPECIES, TOO! burms, retics, rocks, and a few anacondas. YOU CAN'T BUY them from someone out of state!

9. and here's the kicker (ok, it's not the only one, but you get the picture)... if you ever move to another state, YOU CAN'T TAKE YOUR BOAS AND PYTHONS! interstate transport will be banned, remember?

guys, gals, if you've never lifted a political finger before this point, NOW IS THE TIME.

for all you who vote faithfully every day in the free boa contest and HAVEN'T done this yet, GET TO IT! this is WAY more important than winning a free boa! don't you get it?!?!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    here's what you can do
    ... it'll take NO MORE THAN 5 minutes, I SWEAR!

step one: go here: USARK[/URL] and follow the instructions.

step two: then copy this:

President Obama,

S373 aka the Python Ban is being considered in the Senate right now. It will destroy thousands of jobs and bankrupt thousands of American families. The bill has been sensationalized and politicized and has no basis in real science. In fact a report generated by USGS to justify this bill has been called unscientific by an independent panel of scientists. It is being pushed by powerful special interest groups and it will hurt me financially. It is a confiscation of my personal property rights and will not solve the problems proponents claim it addresses. This is clearly a situation that has become politically driven and ignores science that does not support S373. Please do not allow politics to trump good science and sound policy. This is wrong and you promised in your election campaign not to allow situations like this to occur. Please stop S373.

and paste it here: Contact the White House | The White House[/URL]

step three: then if you decide that this truly IS important - and i assure you it is - take another 5 minutes and go here: S.373: A bill to amend title 18, United States Code, to include constrictor snakes of the species Python genera... OpenCongress[/URL] and sign up.

once signed in, vote against S373, and click on 'write your senators' at the right of the page (this is the more important part).

copy and paste this in each of the boxes:

S373 aka the Python Ban is being considered in the Senate right now. It will destroy thousands of jobs and bankrupt thousands of American families. The bill has been sensationalized and politicized and has no basis in real science. In fact a report generated by USGS to justify this bill has been called unscientific by an independent panel of scientists. It is being pushed by powerful special interest groups and it will hurt me financially. It is a confiscation of my personal property rights and will not solve the problems proponents claim it addresses. This is clearly a situation that has become politically driven and ignores science that does not support S373. Please do not allow politics to trump good science and sound policy. This is wrong and you promised in your election campaign not to allow situations like this to occur. Please stop S373.

step 4: if you'd rather not sign up at opencongress.org, then at LEAST write your senators from their websites!

here's where you can find your senators: U.S. Senate: Senators Home[/URL] and the links to write to them.

please also get everyone you know to do this, especially the first two steps! Also, DO THIS MULTIPLE TIMES!

most of you out there have no idea how close we are to not having a hobby anymore... please take my word for it that we are closer today than EVER before to having our hobby (and many of our livelihoods) outlawed!
    Last edited by The_Boaphile; 12-23-2010, 10:33 AM.

Re: help the BOAPHILE have a MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Good work as always Chris and I know this insanely off topic but, Mr. Ronne you sir should wear black alot more often.

Mat.

Comment

Everyday I have to look over at the capital building and I get so pissed. The people of DC are not the brightest. They do what they want. We need to keep the fight strong. Don't give up. I know it wears you down mentally but keep up the fight your boas and pythons thank you even though they don't show it.

Comment

...Bump!!

Comment

BUMP

Lets keep this going eveyone

Comment

From my point of view, this is no longer a "Python Ban". It's a "BOA CONSTRICTOR BAN"

They're trying to ban 4 "SPECIFIC" Species of Python. They're trying to ban 4 "SPECIFIC" Species of Anaconda. Actually, that may be all the Anacondas there are.... They're trying to ban the "ENTIRE" Boa Constrictor Species!!! That includes "ALL" of them!! The Dwarf ones as well. It's not a "single" specified "Boa Constrictor" they're trying to ban. IT'S "ALL" OF THEM!!!!

So, if you love your boas... GET BUSY!!!

FIGHT FOR YOUR BOAS!!!

Comment

We need to unite with other groups hunting fishing groupsc ,NRA , dairy , & cattle industry
              First we need to unite completely as Boa Python enthusiasts.

Lar M
              Boas By Klevitz

sigpic

Comment

I was saying that the other day. NRA goes through the same bull we do! Although they have no problems popping a rattlesnake...! Who can we get to talk to them???

Comment

Originally posted by Boa Amarali View Post
                  We need to unite with other groups hunting fishing groupsc ,NRA , dairy , & cattle industry
                  First we need to unite completely as Boa Python enthusiasts.
                  Already working on that. I have lots of people that are members of the NRA at work! We live in the "farm land" of Michigan. LOL

Comment

just got back from the all-ohio reptile show...

i was AMAZED how many people have NOT heard of this legislation!

GUYS, GIRLS, THIS IS NOT GOOD!

i was able to get some people signed up for the USARK email list as well as a few new bronze-level members.

i also got 107 letters signed for each of the ohio senators that i will be delivering to the capitol-building in-person on wednesday.

this is NOT meant to "blow my own horn." i just want to let you all know how much NEEDS to be done!

i should be the RULE, not the EXCEPTION to the rule!

i've been getting frustrated lately with the LACK of involvement by many people. for those who have been doing what they can, THANK YOU!

for those who have been sitting on their duffs, GET THIS DONE! you have NO idea how close this is to being passed!

our senators have almost NO idea what this bill is about, and how DEVASTATING it will be to the reptile nation!

so........

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?

Comment

bump it!

Comment

I know you may be getting burned out by all this, but I can tell you for SURE, senator nelson and HSUS are not resting!

Comment

nope... STILL not resting

Comment

Bumping it

Comment

When do they vote on this bill?

Comment

Working...
                              X