Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another way to fight S373/HR2811

National Python & Boa Ban Action Center

Help spread the word, post this any and everywhere!

Re: Another way to fight S373/HR2811

Thanks for the Link great work, I put it on 2 other Boa Forums

Link to pdf file for below flier to print out
    http://www.nationalpetassociation.or...nAndBoaBan.pdf

Last edited by Boa Amarali; 12-13-2009, 01:25 AM.

Lar M
    Boas By Klevitz

sigpic

Comment

I will do this!!!!

Posted on 4 other forums!!!

Comment

Cool. Posting elsewhere!

Comment

What I've found is it's easy to overwhelm people with all the steps. I've been able to take the link from step two, and get quite a few non herpers to do it simply because it literally takes less than 2 minutes for them to fill it out and email it. I've had friends online do it, I've sent it to co-workers, family members in other states. Some owned snakes as kids, other not in a million years but they're still willing to help.

Comment

Great find! Thanks for posting!

Comment

One thing I'd like to point out this website and the idea are good . Although in
              my opinion the letter leaves a little to be desired. I suggest if you want to use
              this website, using their form but erasing their words and filling in
              your own is a good idea.

Lar M
              Boas By Klevitz

sigpic

Comment

The website told me I was the '8th person in Ohio to send the emails'

Comment

I was the 12th person in Ohio to send an email.
                  http://www.iherp.com/topshelfmorphs

http://www.facebook.com/boidsohio

Comment

Originally posted by dangles View Post
                    The website told me I was the '8th person in Ohio to send the emails'

Originally posted by b3napoleon View Post
                    I was the 12th person in Ohio to send an email.
                    That's only according to that websites tracking statistics. I'm certain it
                    doesn't take into account all the E-mail etc... sent from other websites
                    (sen websites ,etc...) and through other means

In other words it can only account for people who participate in this particular web form

Lar M
                    Boas By Klevitz

sigpic

Comment

Does this ban affect canada? I don't fully understand it. Why is it they are being banned? Is it because they are deemed dangerous? Or an invasive species or something?

Comment

Originally posted by Boa Amarali View Post
                        That's only according to that websites tracking statistics. I'm certain it
                        doesn't take into account all the E-mail etc... sent from other websites
                        (sen websites ,etc...) and through other means

In other words it can only account for people who participate in this particular web form
                        oh i know... i just wish more people took advantage of EVERY opportunity possible. i ran into that a bunch at the show yesterday, "oh i already wrote my senator." -WELL DO IT AGAIN!

Originally posted by shogun678 View Post
                        Does this ban affect canada? I don't fully understand it. Why is it they are being banned? Is it because they are deemed dangerous? Or an invasive species or something?
                        it would not have a DIRECT effect on canada - per se...

however, you would no longer be able to buy boas (or the other snakes in the ban) from breeders in the states. so since there aren't many big breeders up north there, your choices would be SEVERELY limited.

the stated goal of the ban is to protect native ecosystems from invasive species. however, the main organization backing this bill (the humane society of the US) is openly against reptile - and animal in general - ownership. that is the true goal.

Comment

I erased their script and copy/paste the script Chris wrote. It said I was the 6th person from Washington to send emails using that site. I'm sure that number will rise once my friends get the info.

I know my rep is against HR2811 and even though both of Washington's senators are democrats (and women) I think they will be against it as well. Both have platforms based on job creation and small business growth and ALL senators like an increased tax base. These are key points I hit hard and often in my correspondence with them.

It's good to find out what are "hot buttons" for each of your senators and representatives and stress those.

Comment

Originally posted by DIRTY SHOOTER View Post
                            I erased their script and copy/paste the script Chris wrote. It said I was the 6th person from Washington to send emails using that site. I'm sure that number will rise once my friends get the info.

I know my rep is against HR2811 and even though both of Washington's senators are democrats (and women) I think they will be against it as well. Both have platforms based on job creation and small business growth and ALL senators like an increased tax base. These are key points I hit hard and often in my correspondence with them.

It's good to find out what are "hot buttons" for each of your senators and representatives and stress those.
                            thanks, bro...

is there any chance at all you'll be able to meet with the senators in person? even though they're pro-jobs, and even though they've been 'getting lots of letters/emails/phonecalls,' (i have my doubts that many staffers are actually passing them along), if they are told to vote a certain way by the senate leadership (or worse yet - HSUS), they may vote for it anyway. they still may not have a clue how many people this will render jobless!

so many senators seem CLUELESS about the issue, even after all the work we've done (which is partially why they are VERY susceptible to influence by those with deep pockets and the right connections). i truly feel that meeting with them in-person is the ABSOLUTE BEST way to convince those who are still open minded. that way they have a chance to actually ask questions and you can directly address the concerns they have.

thanks for all your work so far, brother! keep it up!

Comment

Originally posted by shogun678 View Post
                              If this ban goes into affect it will stop the importation and sale of boas and pythons across state lines. So if you want to buy a boa from the states you won't be able to anymore. Numerous snake related businesses will also fail, rodent supply companies etc. The price of boas from American lines will go up dramatically in price because of supply and demand, many morphs are still very rare in Canada and if the ban goes through they will continue to exist only in very small numbers in this country. If large breeders are no longer able to produce and sell snakes then they will likely also not be able to continue with any other snake related business they engage in. For example, I doubt Boaphile cages will continue to be made as there won't be much of need for them anymore. So you see this ban affects you and me directly and will likely be implemented here next. As far as why they are being banned, the claim is that the Burmese python is becoming a problem in the Everglades....so naturally boas need to be banned. The excuse that is being used is the old 'invasive species' argument but the fact remains that banning the sale of the snakes across state lines does nothing to deal with the supposed problem of snakes that already exist in the everglades. Like I have posted on the Canadian boards many times now, this excuse is just a smoke screen.

Mat.

Comment

Working...
                              X