Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Breeders not taking 373/2811 seriously?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breeders not taking 373/2811 seriously?????

Alright time to stir it up. I just viewed over 50 Boa breeders on the net, some large, some small, some know and some not so much and I found ONLY 1 that had anything to do with 373 or 2811 on their page. Way to go Lar (boas by Klevitz). I searched for available boas, saw lots of cool snakes, but nothing on this fight....What gives. Lots of people do no visit forums but will go to your website. Time to make your websites say what you really feel. This really frustrates me as we are kicking each other for getting the word out but no-one feels it is important enough to put on their own website. Should be the 1st thing people see when they come to your interwebby biz. Come awn get the word out.
    Shawn
    Last edited by dapozer; 12-13-2009, 10:05 PM. Reason: retitled

Re: Breeders not taking 373/2811 seriously?????

that's a good question... you'd think they'd be plastering that ALL OVER their main pages. links to state senators contact pages, form letters, link USARK, etc...

i know i would...

Comment

Heres how Tom Crutchfield spells it out on his site.

Our Industry is under attack now as never before. To learn more on how you can help and be a part of the Reptile Nation, click on this link: www.usark.org
      I will close by thanking all of my customers that I have done business with for all these years. We welcome all of you to visit us here, view our facilities and stock, and just talk herps. And, you can come trade, buy, and sell all of your surplus "children." I look forward to seeing you.

If it were not for RTB (.net/.com) and reptile insider i would not have known anything either. However i have been on Tom's site a few time this week alone. I have also been on Jeffs (Boaphile) and have seen nothing. Not to single you out Jeff but i am on your site alot looking at cages, snakes and i just think you are a cool guy. However we are missing the use of a good weapon. Lets get these website updated.....
      Shawn

Comment

I get what you are saying and I agree with you but I do want to stress that lack of info on their business site does not always mean they aren't getting the word out. A lack of info on the Boaphile site does not surprise me, those cages don't build themselves, the snakes don't feed and breed themselves and he has a large family as well to take care of. You'll notice with many of the big breeders, especially people from Mr. Ronne and Mr. Kahls respective generations, that websites are rarely updated. The reasons for this are everything from it being relatively new technology to lack of time to perform updates. Thats not to say I'm painting either of my examples as techno illiterate I'm just saying that both of my examples have created and maintained very successful business for a long time without the help of the internet. With M.r Ronne in particular, he is very open about his preference to do business over the phone in the more traditional way. Why not? From what I can tell he has managed to do what he loves and have that passion provide for his family, so if it ain't broke... I get your point about some not visiting forums and the website being another way to get the message out but many large breeders are doing a great many things behind the scenes that the average person in the community is not hearing about. I would have say fighting this bill is probably reason number one why many large breeders cannot even find the time to update their business sites to post a message or links. I understand your frustration these days completely and thank you for it, because you only got there by trying and coming face to face with the many who are doing nothing.

Mat.

Comment

I also agree, I did not single Jeff out at all, heck he is doing more than any of use could even imaging and i just am trying to stir the pot some more so those will look at all options. Web sites are just a good way to alert prospective buyers about the going on's in the industry, I just put Jeff's up because that is the one i visit the most, i could have put many. I have always been one to look at different ways to advertise, promote or educate. I, as well as I know most of you will continue this fight, think outside the box and most certainly do my best to make sure my animals have the best possible life that they can have.
          Shawn

Comment

This reminds me I need to update that message. I put that on there a while ago
            before S373 made it out of committee

Lar M
            Boas By Klevitz

sigpic

Comment

Tried to change the title to be more aimed at websites not using a opportunity. It was wrong for me to single out the breeders, they are the ones who lives are on the line and they are doing everything in their power. Once again I type before i think.
              shawn

Comment

Im by far not a big breeder and my site doesn't get alot of hits right now but all the info about this ban is on my 2nd page.

Comment

I was in a canadian chat room the other night when they were chatting about all these bills and a large canadian breeder ( a real scumbag ) said that if these bills passed that it would be terrific for the canadians as there would be less competition. Naturally thinking only of himself his own greed what a piece of work. At least some of us canadians are taking this seriously and others well..

Comment

Originally posted by clsutt29 View Post
                    Im by far not a big breeder and my site doesn't get alot of hits right now but all the info about this ban is on my 2nd page.
                    Great use of a opportunity to get the message out.

Comment

Originally posted by snakemaster View Post
                      I was in a canadian chat room the other night when they were chatting about all these bills and a large canadian breeder ( a real scumbag ) said that if these bills passed that it would be terrific for the canadians as there would be less competition. Naturally thinking only of himself his own greed what a piece of work. At least some of us canadians are taking this seriously and others well..
                      Ya I've been coming across the same short sighted, selfish and naive argument since I started hearing about this bill. I really don't get the "less competition' bit either, our prices for the same boas are always higher than if we get them from the states cause we don't have as many. If the supply for new morphs, many of which still don't exist here, is cut off then demand outweighs supply and prices have to go up. Our Motleys are ridiculous in price when compared to the ones you can get in the states for sometimes half the money, making them exponentially more rare does not help sell them IMO.

Mat.

Comment

Working...
                      X