• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thousands of exotic animals seized in Arlington

This really BITES.......Found it on Fauna

I bet the timming was planned.

Thousands of exotic animals seized in Arlington | wfaa.com | Local News

Re: Thousands of exotic animals seized in Arlington

That is very sad..if in fact the animals were mistreated.

Comment

Ya I am curious to know why cameras weren't allowed inside to document the alleged mistreatment. If they were being neglected than great I'm glad they are out of there now, just wish it didn't have to happen right now as the we are all trying to be seen as responsible herpers during this fight. It just seems kind of strange to me that even the S.P.C.A. who was on scene wouldn't get some pics or footage for the news crews at the very least, they are usually all about any kind of documentation that they are needed and need your dollars to help. Just seems really fishy.

Mat.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunglikeafruitbat View Post
        Ya I am curious to know why cameras weren't allowed inside to document the alleged mistreatment. If they were being neglected than great I'm glad they are out of there now, just wish it didn't have to happen right now as the we are all trying to be seen as responsible herpers during this fight. It just seems kind of strange to me that even the S.P.C.A. who was on scene wouldn't get some pics or footage for the news crews at the very least, they are usually all about any kind of documentation that they are needed and need your dollars to help. Just seems really fishy.

Mat.
        Yeah I agree.

Comment

It sounds shady to me.

Comment

just what we needed, well at least there wasn't a huge focus on snakes. but doesn't help at all.

Comment

Wanna know what's really sad? Because of the antics of HSUS and media sensationalism I question everybody's motive when it comes to "animal welfare".

Did you see the part where the reporter was all about the Anaconda? "Oh my"....Then the dude gets up there and says "I'm a dog man myself". I kept thinking what a D-Bag!

I'm sure a lot of these people are doing good things for animals but those fringe groups of wackos are ruining it for me. It's sad.

Comment

SOP during an animal cruelty case is to bring cameras in to document what kind of conditions the animals were being kept in. This footage is used in court to determine if there should be a conviction and also how harsh the sentence should be. If there were so many thousands of animals being mistreated, why wasn't there any footage of the conditions inside the facility? This smells funky to me.
                http://www.iherp.com/topshelfmorphs

http://www.facebook.com/boidsohio

Comment

this whole thing really sucks,its very sad for one,and two it is not good for what is going on right now,even though they didn't focus to much on snakes it still very bad.I just hope they can get those animals care....those people should be held responsible for what they have done.....Mike

Comment

i will guarantee you there were cameras in there, both still and video. the reason we didn't see any of the footage is because they were filming it as the news broadcast was taking place.

additionally, they probably won't release it until after the trial (if it comes to that - which, if what they were saying was true, it should).

honestly, though, i don't think they did a bad job at all of covering that. they EASILY could have railed on the exotic pet industry as a whole, making broad generalizations and accusations - but they didn't. they stuck to the facts (that they knew at the time). it was a big (giant, really) import and distribution company that mistreated their animals. period.

as for the spca, as far as i know, they are a legitimate organization. i can't speak to any connections with peta or hsus, but if there are, i can't imagine they are 'in bed together' so-to-speak (at least i hope not).

now i imagine that the 'humane society' they mentioned was the local humane society. i'm sure they will be VERY involved since there is an actual need to house the animals and care for them. the HSUS doesn't do that

Comment

It's really sad, hopefully if there's something fishy going on here it wont hold up. But if not then I'm glad the animals are out of that place and hope they go to good homes.

Comment

Sounds fishy to me. I wonder if these animals will be put up for some sort of adoption or euthanized?

Comment

Originally posted by JLTerry View Post
                          Sounds fishy to me. I wonder if these animals will be put up for some sort of adoption or euthanized?
                          Euthanized if PETA has its way. Before the raid that was their suggestion and they asked for permission to put down all animals taken into custody. This is a frame up, I'm positive. I't been confirmed that PETA was behind the raid, they had an undercover vet their for over 7 months and did nothing about the supposed "animal cruelty" until now. This all had to do with timing as the court system will be on holidays soon. Here's Globals inspection records, no violations. This is a sham and I think we need to make a lot of noise about this to the media and have them follow up. http://www.aphis.usda.gov/animal_wel...074-B-0520.pdf

Mat.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunglikeafruitbat View Post
                            Euthanized if PETA has its way.
                            Not a chance! Look at the outcome of other investigations where they have been involved; the animals are almost never euthanized. If they were involved then you know there are plenty of videos from the undercover staff that was there and I'm sure they made news of their investigation based on a political agenda. PETAs also not anti-pet, they leave that to the HSUS. They'll approach this from an exploitation perspective; skin trade. Remember their motto? "Animals are not our's to eat, wear, experiment on, or use for entertainment."

Anyway, if the allegations against that company are true, then there was a serious lapse in inspections by government officials, veterinary reports, etc. I remember one of my professors who was a beef cattle farmer didn't hate PETA, he hated the other farmers who actually gave them business to report on. If there weren't careless people just in it for the money there'd be less abuse, negligence, and inhumanity, which wouldn't give extremist groups much ground on which to stand.

Sure this sucks for us all dealing with the legislation at this time, but what's worse is how bad life sucked for those animals. Can you imagine being trapped in a room filled with poop and dead bodies, with no food and no way out? That sounds like Hell to me. I just have to remind myself that I have faith in karma. People that do things like that will get what's coming to them...

Comment

Originally posted by jhsulliv View Post
                              Not a chance!
                              Oh really?

PETA says: KILL THEM ALL - PJBoosinger

About the undercover work and the suspicious timing...

Cronyism in Animal Seizures, Arlington: A Case On Point? - PJBoosinger

PETA Drove That Panel Truck - PJBoosinger

All the info in these articles is public record and can be verified very easily.

Mat.

Comment

Working...
                              X