Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everyone need to read this NOW!!!

Everyone needs to read this NOW!!!

Here is a link that Kevin from NERD posted on Kingsnake. Please read it and do what he asked. I have already sent my e-mail. Now it's your turn to send yours. Make sure you let her know what your financial losses will be if this bill S 373 is passed. http://forums.kingsnake.com/view.php?id=1769280,1769280

Thank you
    Tom

Re: Everyone need to read this NOW!!!

Checking it out now.

Comment

Get your response in to this lady... It's important that they have hard numbers here!

Comment

Does he want to know how much I have invested or what the value of my collection is? How could this info be verified though? People could make up numbers.. Do they look into it?

Comment

Originally posted by HopingForBabies
          Does he want to know how much I have invested or what the value of my collection is? How could this info be verified though? People could make up numbers.. Do they look into it?
          We're trying to figure that out, but for now, just use how much you make from selling snakes (from the big 9) in a year. Either jb or I will get that figured out...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

i sent in mine just now...holy crap thats a lot of money for these snakes....

Comment

?

OK,
              Although this sounds like a good idea, in theory.....How many people do you think will be willing to tell how much they make in a year?? Personally, my boas pay for themselves and I might have a "little" left over. So, I don't have a problem giving this info.

Now, what about the person that makes 10K, 100K, 500K, or more!?!?!?!?!!? They might not like sending facts and figures about their income. Especially, when they don't know who "may" read that info....

It's bad enough that the IRS "expects them to file taxes each year, but that income is adjusted... Depending on how many "deductions" they can claim. Then you've got "cash purchases"...... Nobody "has" to claim a purchase that can't be traced.... Yeah, they should/could, but that's up to the seller..

Why do I think there would be some that won't want to give out such info???

Well, I remember asking how many of a certain boa was in a litter. The reply form the breeder was, "that would be like asking how much I make a year"....

I can totally understand why info about yearly income would be "preferred" to be kept to themselves. While I wouldn't have a problem telling about how much I make on "boas". I wouldn't want to share the exact amount of the rest of my income.

For those that make "larger" amounts selling boas/supplies or it's a business... That amount would be considerably more than what I would make. Depending on the situation, they may not want to "share info", that's normally considered private.

So, even though this is a very good idea, in theory.... I really don't know how much participation they'll actually get.

Comment

Re: ?

Originally posted by Linda View Post
                OK,
                Although this sounds like a good idea, in theory.....How many people do you think will be willing to tell how much they make in a year?? Personally, my boas pay for themselves and I might have a "little" left over. So, I don't have a problem giving this info.

Now, what about the person that makes 10K, 100K, 500K, or more!?!?!?!?!!? They might not like sending facts and figures about their income. Especially, when they don't know who "may" read that info....

It's bad enough that the IRS "expects them to file taxes each year, but that income is adjusted... Depending on how many "deductions" they can claim. Then you've got "cash purchases"...... Nobody "has" to claim a purchase that can't be traced.... Yeah, they should/could, but that's up to the seller..

Why do I think there would be some that won't want to give out such info???

Well, I remember asking how many of a certain boa was in a litter. The reply form the breeder was, "that would be like asking how much I make a year"....

I can totally understand why info about yearly income would be "preferred" to be kept to themselves. While I wouldn't have a problem telling about how much I make on "boas". I wouldn't want to share the exact amount of the rest of my income.

For those that make "larger" amounts selling boas/supplies or it's a business... That amount would be considerably more than what I would make. Depending on the situation, they may not want to "share info", that's normally considered private.

So, even though this is a very good idea, in theory.... I really don't know how much participation they'll actually get.

I know exactly what you are saying here Linda. As I have been to reptile shows (none of which are national breeder shows) a lot of breeders only take cash.

Who in their right mind would not give up this kind of info. The way I see it, more breeders than not make most of their money on cash transactions alone. That would make this 3 billion dollar a year industry about 2/3'rds more than has been stated.

Comment

I'm not a breeder (yet). But I sent in how much I have spent on snakes, hope that's helpful. I also added how I will be moving after graduation and that will involve moving my snakes through state lines.

Comment

I know its not really any of my business being in the UK, however its strikes me as being a strnge way of going about things. As someone has alreasy mentioned, there is no way that they could verify the figures given, and its very likely that the figures will be very distorted from the reality.

Comment

Just giving this a Bump to the top so everyone will see it.

Comment

If you are intending to send this information in, please do not. The period is over to submit this data.

Also, many folks are sending in emails containing information other than economic data such as begging and pleading not to pass S. 373. This office has nothing to do with whether S. 373 passes or not. Additionally, someone sent a virus to the office which shut down their computers. It is unknown whether it was intentional or not. Regardless, actions such as not following the requests/directions and the virus are giving our industry a black eye.

I'm making an effort to contact each forum that has this information posted to ask the moderators to remove the thread. This particular thread does not have any active links for how to contact the CBO so it's not a big deal (notice the KS link doesn't work any more).

In the future, please keep all correspondence within the guidelines of what these organizations request. Unfortunately, it's their game and we have to play by their rules. Efforts not in line with their requests hurt our cause, and don't help it.

Thanks so much!
                        For questions and comments, please email
                        [email protected]
                        JOIN USARK! http://www.usark.org/join.php

Comment

The thread has been removed.

I'm a bit embarrassed by this news. I hope nobody from RTB.com was involved but I will apologize just in case.

Thank you for all your hard work JB.

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthyBoas View Post
                            Everyone needs to read this NOW!!!

Here is a link that Kevin from NERD posted on Kingsnake. Please read it and do what he asked. I have already sent my e-mail. Now it's your turn to send yours. Make sure you let her know what your financial losses will be if this bill S 373 is passed. Error Page

Thank you
                            Tom
                            the link isnt working for some reason

Comment

Originally posted by dangles View Post
                              Get your response in to this lady... It's important that they have hard numbers here!
                              the link isnt working for some reason

Comment

Working...
                              X