Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We deserve to have our boas and rights taken away!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We deserve to have our boas and rights taken away!

I'm appalled! I was over that the USARK/Rally Congress site to sign the petition, send letters, and make calls and the tally so far is abysmal! If we keep this up we will loose our rights... and we'll deserve it.

Get your butts over there and start taking some action. We keep complaining about how the media is not addressing this and that our legislators don't seem to see the big picture. Well no wonder! If these figures are any indication of what is going on then we've been barely making an impact because we've barely been raising our voices above a whisper!

Start taking some action or we will all suffer for your apathy!

Tally so far:
    Sign the Petition : 10 Letters and Emails Sent So Far

Take Action : 37 Calls So Far

Write a Letter to Congress : 1,782 Letters Sent So Far

We need to do better than this!

United States Association of Reptile Keepers : Take Action and Contact Congress |

Go there now and do what needs to be done!

Re: We deserve to have our boas and rights taken away!

Its hard to be heard with only a few speaking up!

Why are people so afraid of getting involved?

Use your rights!

Comment

Hi Mike

If this has been suggested so far please excuse me,

This site (and all US based Forums) capture email addresses so the accounts can be opened, Is it not worth it this one time to get as many forums to email their whole member basis with the correct links, and information.

I feel strongly for you guys, I wish there was something I could do from the UK , as an outsider looking in It is horrible,

Good luck to you all

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Ez4pro View Post
        Hi Mike

This site (and all US based Forums) capture email addresses so the accounts can be opened, Is it not worth it this one time to get as many forums to email their whole member basis with the correct links, and information.

I feel strongly for you guys, I wish there was something I could do from the UK , as an outsider looking in It is horrible,

Good luck to you all

Chris
        Chris,

Thank you for your support. Sadly I do not have an answer to your question. Email the link below. USARK Should be able to help on this matter. I wish we could get more Americans involved. It is a shame that there are others in other countries that are more willing to help than my fellow Americans.

I hope this link helps.

[email protected]

Comment

ok its really sad that i was the first person from MI to sign the petition, i know there are many people in MI that own snakes and im not the only one.

and the 23rd person from Michigan to send a email

Comment

sure hope the bill doesn't get passed, cos then the same crap'll happen over here and in the uk too!
            fight the good fight guys.

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferM View Post
              ok its really sad that i was the first person from MI to sign the petition, i know there are many people in MI that own snakes and im not the only one.
              Same her, when I had called, I was only the 8th caller! Thanks for helping Jennifer!

We still need to call and send letters. I have sent mine! Keep fighting people!

Comment

I did my part today.

Comment

Originally posted by Ez4pro View Post
                  Hi Mike

Chris, I understand that being a resident of a country other that the USA means that you are somewhat limited in what you can do, and I understand that. And I thank you for your support. I just wish more of our own residents would stand up and do something. It's frustrating to hear so many complaints of what is being proposed by legislators, and then seen so little action. I realize it's easier to complain than it is to act, but in my opinion if you don't act you have no right to complain. ..And if you don't act to save your rights then you don't deserve the title "citizen." Sorry, I know that's harsh, but it's just the way I feel.

The tallies over at the National Pet Association's www.nosnakeban.com aren't much better.

Take Action : 22 Calls So Far

I guess you really don't care if you loose your rights!

Get to it folks. And for those of you who keep saying you'll do it tomorrow... guess what - soon there won't be a tomorrow to act in.

Comment

Originally posted by MLynch View Post
                    Chris, I understand that being a resident of a country other that the USA means that you are somewhat limited in what you can do, and I understand that. And I thank you for your support. I just wish more of our own residents would stand up and do something. It's frustrating to hear so many complaints of what is being proposed by legislators, and then seen so little action. I realize it's easier to complain than it is to act, but in my opinion if you don't act you have no right to complain. ..And if you don't act to save your rights then you don't deserve the title "citizen." Sorry, I know that's harsh, but it's just the way I feel.

The tallies over at the National Pet Association's www.nosnakeban.com aren't much better.

Take Action : 22 Calls So Far

I guess you really don't care if you loose your rights!

Get to it folks. And for those of you who keep saying you'll do it tomorrow... guess what - soon there won't be a tomorrow to act in.
                    Here in the UK a couple had enough of Simon Cowel and X factor (Like American Idol) every year th ewinner gets the UK number 1 single selling circa 300 000 in a week

They started a group on face book and got people to Buy Killing in the Name by Rage against the machine

Well through commitment and a passion for change Rage sold over 500 000 copies in a week by download only and the X factor single sold 50 000 copies less

What Im getting at is that if here ijn the UK 500 000 people (there was 800 000 on the face book group so I beleive) stood up and voted about what song is at number 1 surely you guys casn find the fight in your hearts and get involved.

I look at America and feel envious as you have (what I thought) was a free country.

Clay and Jeff have 1000's of email addresses of reptile owners in their database, get on to them to send out a mail shot, It has to be worth it, get everyone to invite people to join the face book page (if one exists) and just spread the word,

Chris

Comment

This is starting to look very sad. I have went to every site that I can find and signed petitions, sent emails, and sent mailed letters. What can we do to get more people involved? This is the responsibility of all reptile keepers, especially the ones that will be affected by this bill.
                      Come on people its time to step up!

Comment

I feel stupid I thought I already signed the petition , but I went through and
                        did it and realized I hadn't

Plus I was the first person from IL. to do it

Lar M
                        Boas By Klevitz

sigpic

Comment

I think there are several different ones that are set up the same way. I thought I had already done this one too but I had done several others just like it that looked the same.

Comment

just completed...

Comment

Originally posted by Boa Amarali View Post
                              I feel stupid I thought I already signed the petition , but I went through and
                              did it and realized I hadn't
                              Originally posted by JLTerry View Post
                              I think there are several different ones that are set up the same way. I thought I had already done this one too but I had done several others just like it that looked the same.
                              If there are several sites doing this then we should compile them into one thread so people can hit them all at once and limit confusion.

I'll start that in a moment.

EDIT:
                              Done. Clicky

Comment

Working...
                              X