Senator Bill Nelson's Testimony

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Senator Bill Nelson's Testimony

As this guy speaks you know the average I.Q. in the room is dropping fast.
    YouTube - Nelson implores lawmakers to pass a ban on Burmese pythons

Re: Senator Bill Nelson's Testimony

Originally posted by snakemaster View Post
    Aint that the truth? I think I lost I.Q. point just looking at the title on that one...

-Sean in NoCal
    “Americanism means the virtues of courage, honor, justice, truth, sincerity, and hardihood – the virtues that made America.”
    -Teddy Roosevelt.

Comment

wow he did say not all the constrictor snakes but just the one.Interesting. where am I? I feel I ve traveled back to little house with the Ingles. bill nelson needs to be sent back to little house.

Comment

I didn't know Burms had fangs, I thought they just had teeth. Also, he says the snake "slithers." Every single word he uses is chosen to have the most emotional impact instead of the most scientific accuracy. Why is that? Oh yes, because if he argues with facts we will easily win. Therefore he must use scare tactics to convince uninformed people that all large snakes are bad and must be banned. 7 people have died because of pythons in 10 years and Nelson acts like that's a huge number. Considering the tens of millions of people that keep these snakes, 7 deaths in 10 years is an EXTREMELY low number. "There are conditions all across the sun belt for this snake to prosper in." <-- That is completely untrue. This guy is an idiot and if we can't stop somebody like this I'm extremely worried about the future of this country in general.
        http://www.iherp.com/topshelfmorphs

http://www.facebook.com/boidsohio

Comment

Originally posted by b3napoleon View Post
          I didn't know Burms had fangs, I thought they just had teeth. Also, he says the snake "slithers." Every single word he uses is chosen to have the most emotional impact instead of the most scientific accuracy. Why is that? Oh yes, because if he argues with facts we will easily win. Therefore he must use scare tactics to convince uninformed people that all large snakes are bad and must be banned. 7 people have died because of pythons in 10 years and Nelson acts like that's a huge number. Considering the tens of millions of people that keep these snakes, 7 deaths in 10 years is an EXTREMELY low number. "There are conditions all across the sun belt for this snake to prosper in." <-- That is completely untrue. This guy is an idiot and if we can't stop somebody like this I'm extremely worried about the future of this country in general.
          What were you expecting? The truth is to a politician what sunlight is to a vampire. (Meaning pre Twilight vampires. Ya know, when vampires were cool.)

-Sean in NoCal
          “Americanism means the virtues of courage, honor, justice, truth, sincerity, and hardihood – the virtues that made America.”
          -Teddy Roosevelt.

Comment

Originally posted by snakemaster View Post
            YouTube - Nelson implores lawmakers to pass a ban on Burmese pythons
            Very good video with obvious misrepresentations. I love it when they get caught on tape. "Very Useful" ... Maybe even a "useful tool" for our cause.

I didn't watch the whole thing. I was afraid of losing too many brain cells.

However, I did watch enough to get the "gest" of it.

Now, someone that was good at making videos.... They could actually turn Senator Nelson's words against him.

Just take exerpts from this "testimony". For example, "his fishhook teeth" senerio. Then "make a short video response" to each of the "false" statements. Like show his video going into great detail about the Burmese Python's "teeth". Then right afterwards, show a short or not so short clip of what the "teeth really look like". They're slanted backwards, but there sure as heck aren't any "fish hooks" involved.

Or the one about "eventually" a tourist might fall prey to a Burm.... Well, show a short "factual" video of telling about fatalities form Burms in their native country. Even in their native land, deaths by Burms are "very rare".

Yep, this could be a "very" useful video. That is, if we have a person that knows enough about making videos to "rebut" what Nelson has stated as "public record".

Comment

i feel slower and a bit more less like a rednneck....really ...critters?fangs? when was this recorded? why did he only say ban the importation of burms?

Comment

What an idiot! I'm embarrassed that he is my state senator. He closed with the statement that they can spread through the entire south of the U.S. I live on the gulf coast of Florida and the lows for the next couple of days are going to be in the low 30's. There's no way they could survive a few nights of that.

Comment

Working...
                X