Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• arrow trucking closed

Arrow Trucking Closing?|NewsChannel 8

Driver told to take trucks to closet hub and get out. No check, no rides, no nothing. Hope the drivers can make something good for thier families this x-mas. Thoughts please

Tulsa's Arrow Trucking folded overnight . They shut down fuel cards and told drivers with a recorded message to take their trucks to the nearest dealer leaving them stranded all over the country. They have about 300 local Tulsa employees and 1000 drivers around the country with no paychecks.
    MERRY CHRISTMAS LOYAL EMPLOYEES !!

Re: arrow trucking closed

Support for Stranded Arrow Trucking Drivers - Coordinate Efforts HERE | Facebook

facebook support for drivers and more

Comment

I am sorry to hear that. It is tough out there right now. I am a transportation broker so I am in the industry and everyone is just making it. I know alot of companies that have gone under and alot that are running 4 day week schedules. My company has been fortunate and blessed. As a family company, we are able to cut cost to survive. It is too bad Arrow could not do the same.

All I know is when things finally turn around, there will be ALL KINDS OF OPPORTUNITY out there for those of us that are left.

Again I feel sorry for those drivers and employees.

Comment

thats aweful, the people responsible should be held accountable

Comment

You guys need to check out that facebook page. Its amazing how many people are willing to help out. My dads company (Schneider National) sent all the drivers a message saying that if they are approached by an arrow driver to please help them in any way they can. Swift is another company who is doing the same thing. They posted saying anybody who needs help can find one of their drivers and they will help out. People who are not even in the business are offering beds, meals, showers, and rides to these stranded drivers.

Comment

YouTube - Arrow Trucking Repos - Tulsa OK

Comment

Posted on facebook to help anyone in our area--thanks for the notification!
              http://berkeleyknebel.wix.com/mississippimorphs

Photo credit:Eddie Ard .....Banner Credit:Big PaPa Ernest

Comment

These times really suck. Company I work for layed off 70 people last week.

Comment

I feel so grateful that in these tough economic times, not only has my company hired more employees but we also expanded our building. My company takes care of its employees. Just 2 weeks ago we had a bowling party where they rented out the biggest and best (in my opinion) bowling alley in townon a Saturday night and paid for EVERYTHING. I was told they spent well over $1000 just in pizza alone..thats not including drinks, other food, shoes, and the cost of bowling.

Comment

This hits home man. I mean really hard.

Way back in the day when I was just a little Dirty my father worked for a company as a diesel mechanic. He had worked there many years and one of those "company men" who put his faith and trust in the company he worked for. This company even had an employee bank (CU) where my dad had his checking and savings accounts. One day he went to work and there were chains on the doors. No heads up, nothing. Just chains and a big notice of bankruptcy on the doors. He went to his bank (the company held bank) and YEP you guessed it! Checking and savings were gone! After liquidating their assets and paying off their OTHER debts my father was given a check for like $200 or something. We lost the house and moved into government housing for a time.

My father (and his family) never really recovered. He worked when he could doing odd jobs and what not. We finally made it out of the projects but not out of the ghetto. Even at that young age I could tell it bothered him. He was a proud man and wanted nothing more in life than provide for his family.

A few years later my father contracted cancer and died. He died jobless and broke. The only property he owned was the plot he was buried in. The rest you could say is history.

The fact is some will bounce back and some will not but they ALL are in my prayers this holiday season.

May God watch over the hardworking men and women of Arrow trucking.

Comment

Originally posted by DIRTY SHOOTER View Post
                      This hits home man. I mean really hard.

Way back in the day when I was just a little Dirty my father worked for a company as a diesel mechanic. He had worked there many years and one of those "company men" who put his faith and trust in the company he worked for. This company even had an employee bank (CU) where my dad had his checking and savings accounts. One day he went to work and there were chains on the doors. No heads up, nothing. Just chains and a big notice of bankruptcy on the doors. He went to his bank (the company held bank) and YEP you guessed it! Checking and savings were gone! After liquidating their assets and paying off their OTHER debts my father was given a check for like $200 or something. We lost the house and moved into government housing for a time.

My father (and his family) never really recovered. He worked when he could doing odd jobs and what not. We finally made it out of the projects but not out of the ghetto. Even at that young age I could tell it bothered him. He was a proud man and wanted nothing more in life than provide for his family.

A few years later my father contracted cancer and died. He died jobless and broke. The only property he owned was the plot he was buried in. The rest you could say is history.

The fact is some will bounce back and some will not but they ALL are in my prayers this holiday season.

May God watch over the hardworking men and women of Arrow trucking.
                      Wow! That is a sad story, I feel bad for your father. I can only imagine how that would have been. That would drive a sane man crazy! I wouldn't know what to do if everything was taken away from me and my family and I could no longer provide for them.

My prayers go out to the employees of Arrow trucking and to all others this holiday season who are jobless. Let me rephrase that, to all the hard working people that try to provide for themselves and there families and can't because of circumstances that they cannot help. It is sadly a fact that not all unemployed people in this country are actually trying to support themselves. It makes it all that much more worse when the ones who are really trying get S*** on like this!

Comment

Working...
                      X