Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USARK Kill S373 Letter Campaign

USARK Kill S373 Letter Campaign
    S373 aka ‘The Python Ban’ has been amended to include the 9 great constrictors referenced in the recent report released by the US Geological Survey entitled Giant Constrictors: Biological and Management Profiles and an Establishment Risk Assessment for Nine Large Species of Pythons, Anacondas, and the Boa Constrictor. If passed as written S373 would add all 9 snakes to the Injurious Wildlife list of the Lacey Act making it a felony to engage in the import, export and interstate transport of any of these animals.
    This possibility is unacceptable to USARK and the Reptile Nation. We are encouraging everyone with an interest in S373 to click on www.Kill-S373.com and participate in the USARK Kill S373 Letter Campaign. There you will find step by step instructions, a sample letter, contact information and even an instructional video to help you write your US Senators an effective letter opposing S373. We have learned that written letters are one of the most effective ways to lobby Congress. Sending an email is NOT enough! Write your letters. Get your friends and family involved writing letters too.
    USARK spearheaded a similar letter writing campaign last spring. The Reptile Nation generated 50,000 letters opposing HR669. The bill was crushed. Time to do it again! Spread the web address www.Kill-S373.com all over the internet. Put it on your facebook page. Put it on your MySpace page. Twitter it. Post it on every forum or social networking site that you frequent. Email it to everyone you know! www.Kill-S373.com will take you straight to the resources you need to do your letters. We have made it as easy as it can possibly be, but it will require some effort. January 12th is our deadline. We don’t have much time. Do it today!
    If you are an Industry Leader You Must Make an APPOINTMENT to MEET With Your Senators!! If you care about your business you will do this!!!
    ***Please Click the USARK Donate Button at the top of this page and contribute $10 to help pay for the USARK Kill S373 Letter Campaign***
    www.Kill-S373.com - DEADLINE January 12, 2010

Re: USARK Kill S373 Campaign

Where did this DEADLINE January 12, 2010 come from ???

OK I see I didn't get the USARK E-mail blast until much later
    Last edited by Boa Amarali; 12-30-2009, 05:06 PM.

Lar M
    Boas By Klevitz

sigpic

Comment

USARK Kill S373 Letter Campaign

S373 aka ‘The Python Ban’ has been amended to include the 9 great constrictors referenced in the recent report released by the US Geological Survey entitled Giant Constrictors: Biological and Management Profiles and an Establishment Risk Assessment for Nine Large Species of Pythons, Anacondas, and the Boa Constrictor. If passed as written S373 would add all 9 snakes to the Injurious Wildlife list of the Lacey Act making it a felony to engage in the import, export and interstate transport of any of these animals.

This possibility is unacceptable to USARK and the Reptile Nation. We are encouraging everyone with an interest in S373 to click on http://www.Kill-S373.com and participate in the USARK Kill S373 Letter Campaign. There you will find step by step instructions, a sample letter, contact information and even an instructional video to help you write your US Senators an effective letter opposing S373. We have learned that written letters are one of the most effective ways to lobby Congress. Sending an email is NOT enough! Write your letters. Get your friends and family involved writing letters too.

USARK spearheaded a similar letter writing campaign last spring. The Reptile Nation generated 50,000 letters opposing HR669. The bill was crushed. Time to do it again! Spread the web address http://www.Kill-S373.com all over the internet. Put it on your facebook page. Put it on your MySpace page. Twitter it. Post it on every forum or social networking site that you frequent. Email it to everyone you know! http://www.Kill-S373.com will take you straight to the resources you need to do your letters. We have made it as easy as it can possibly be, but it will require some effort. January 12th is our deadline. We don’t have much time. Do it today!
      If you are an Industry Leader You Must Make an APPOINTMENT to MEET With Your Senators!! If you care about your business you will do this!!!

http://www.Kill-S373.com DEADLINE January 12, 2010

'Tom Wolfe with thousands of letters that led the Reptile Nation to Victory over HR669'
      Last edited by USARK.Jonathan.Brady; 12-31-2009, 07:28 AM.
      For questions and comments, please email
      [email protected]
      JOIN USARK! http://www.usark.org/join.php

Comment

Re: USARK Kill S373 Letter Campaign

I asked Andrew via text why January 12th was the deadline. His reply said it was because "that is when they could come back and vote on it."
        [email protected]

Comment

Holy Crap this is it , time to get it done,

No rest gotta get ur Done !

Lar M
          Boas By Klevitz

sigpic

Comment

I dont understand why boa constricter is being included in this.

Comment

Originally posted by SWOMPDONKEY View Post
              I dont understand why boa constricter is being included in this.
              Because the politicians seem to think they know more about the reptile world than the reptile owners/breeders/ enthusiasts themselves... Its kinda a corrupt thing if you ask me.

Comment

boa constrictor and all other species besides burms, are being included because of the USGS risk assessment paper.

http://www.usark.org/uploads/USGS%20...ent%202009.pdf

I highly recommend reading it. Knowledge is power and we need power to fight this legislation!

I'd also highly recommend reading the thoughts put on paper about this paper by some of the nations most highly respected biologists, herpetologists, etc..

USARK • View topic - PR: Scientists Call USGS Report "Unscientific"

jb
                [email protected]

Comment

This was a good read right here, Very informative.

USARK • View topic - PR: Scientists Call USGS Report "Unscientific"

Gee, I need to do more reading on the USARK site

Comment

Agreed Larry! NO REST!!!

Everyone, THIS IS THE TIME.
                    This industry, the people in it who love it and depend on it, their animals, your animals, and future generations are all depending on YOU to step up, right now and do this.
                    If you're busy, and don't have much time, please use the sample letter and fill in the information for your 2 state Senators and put it in the mail to Tom Wolfe.
                    If you'd like to take it a step further, have everyone you know sign their own letters as well. Your best bet is to print them up and have them sign, then you can mail the letters for them together with yours.
                    If you'd like to go one step further, hand-write a letter to each of your Senators about this issue. Be sure to BE POLITE!
                    If you'd like to go another step further, print a ton of these things up and visit your local herp store(s), your herp society, herp shows, and pet stores in general. Go everywhere you can and have people sign these! We need to DWARF the 50,000 letters that HR669 generated. And the above steps are how we're going to do it!
                    Here's a little more info from Andrew at USARK.

YouTube - USARK Kill-S373 Letter Campaign.mov

Do NOT sit back and let this opportunity fly by you. January 12th is the deadline! That's two weeks! Start this now! You have the chance to help right now! This page is dedicated to making it easy for you to write your Senators in order to KILL S-373! This page is dedicated to making it easy for you to write your Senators in order to KILL-S373 If you don't do this and this legislation passes in any form, I promise you, you'll regret it.
                    Let's do this!!!
                    jb
                    Last edited by USARK.Jonathan.Brady; 12-31-2009, 07:32 AM.
                    [email protected]

Comment

I decided to merge these two threads.

It was suppose to merge the other way around

but oh well ha ha

Lar M
                      Boas By Klevitz

sigpic

Comment

hey, i wanna challenge each and every one of you to not only submit letters on your own behalf, but also print out letters for your friends and family to sign!

set a goal for yourself... how about 10 (not including your own)?

if just 50 of us met the goal of 11 each, we'd be responsible for 550 letters to congress!

or better yet, 20! that would be over 1,000 letters from RTB alone... and that's if ONLY 50 people do it!

so get onto your 'friends' list here on RTB and make sure EACH and EVERY one of your friends here takes part in this!

it's crunch time, and now's our time to shine, RTB!

so GET ON IT!

share your progress here in this thread!

Comment

I want this to be on top at all times

Please everyone this really is down to the line , this must down !!

Lar M
                          Boas By Klevitz

sigpic

Comment

I'll be sending mine out on Monday. I'll be getting as many friends and family to sign them and get them mailed ASAP too.

Should we be sending them with delivery confirmation, so we know they got there??

Comment

Originally posted by Linda View Post

Should we be sending them with delivery confirmation, so we know they got there??
                              couldn't hurt

Comment

Working...
                              X