Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a little encouragement? :(

so i've been a little down lately...

i've searched high and low attempting to discover the source of this blue funk...

is it the downright embarrassing performance by my bengals lately? no... that comes with being a bengals fan...

what about seasonal affective dissorder? no... not that either. the tanning bulbs help with that. (LOL! j/k... seriously...)

maybe it's because i haven't gotten any new boas lately. nah... i'll soon be getting 4

WHAT IS IT?!?!

wait.... MAYBE, just MAYBE i haven't been seeing as much 'moxie' as will be required to BEAT THIS BOA/PYTHON BAN!

i really do appreciate those who have been getting letters signed for this most recent letter barrage, and making their phone calls and sending their faxes, but i could count those people (at least those who have made mention of their efforts) on two hands!

so here, again, are the links to get you others involved! it REALLY IS easy, and we need EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU to protect our rights, hobby and livelihood!

so PLEASE HELP!

www.kill-s373.com

www.usark.org

http://www.redtailboas.com/forum/ind...r-senator.html

http://www.redtailboas.com/forum/ind...kill-s373.html

The National Pet Association - NatPET | National Python & Boa Ban Action Center

United States Association of Reptile Keepers : Take Action and Contact Congress |

Government Affairs | Pet Industry Joint Advisory Council

Contact the White House | The White House

you can copy/paste the following into the presidential contact email...

President Obama,
    S373 aka the Python Ban is being considered in the Senate right now. It will destroy thousands of jobs and bankrupt thousands of American families. The bill has been sensationalized and politicized and has no basis in real science. In fact a report generated by USGS to justify this bill has been called unscientific by an independent panel of scientists. It is being pushed by powerful special interest groups and it will hurt me financially. It is a confiscation of my personal property rights and will not solve the problems proponents claim it addresses. This is clearly a situation that has become politically driven and ignores science that does not support S373. Please do not allow politics to trump good science and sound policy. This is wrong and you promised in your election campaign not to allow situations like this to occur. Please stop S373.

ps~ please post your accomplishments in this thread to encourage the rest to take part! go ahead, it's ok to 'toot your own horn' this once
    Last edited by dangles; 01-04-2010, 09:24 PM.

Re: a little encouragement?

getting letters signed tommorrow and sending them to usark on wednesday thursday. maybe 80 of them.

Comment

here's an idea...

how about each person who participates posts the NUMBER of letters they ship out to our lobbyist in washington? everyone has two senators, and, assuming you get one for each from each person who signs, we'll count that as '1.' make sense? (i.e. i signed a letter for each of my senators, but this only counts as 1)

think we can hit 500?

based on what i've seen so far, i have my doubts...

PROVE ME WRONG!!!

(ron, post the final count asap and we'll start subtracting from 500!)

Comment

will do sir

Comment

Thanks for your efforts to keep this in the front of our minds Chris. I'm doing my part; driving my non-herper family and friends crazy about snake legislation; collecting sigs etc.

I only have one problem:

Originally posted by dangles View Post
          wait.... MAYBE, just MAYBE i haven't been seeing as much 'moxie' as will be required to BEAT THIS BOA/PYTHON BAN!
          Moxie? All of a sudden I feel like I'm on an episode of The Waltons.

Here is a list of synonyms for the word... Moxie....

Main Entry: moxie
          Part of Speech: noun
          Definition: courage
          Synonyms: adventuresomeness, adventurousness, audacity, backbone, boldness, braveness, bravery, daring, dash, dauntlessness, determination, fearlessness, fortitude, gameness, grit, guts, hardihood, mettle, nerve, pluck, prowess, spirit, spunk, stamina, tenacity, toughness, valor

What do you think people? Does the Reptile Nation have what it takes to kill S373? You're darn tootin'!

Comment

76 x 2 (senators)= 152 for this barrage.
            Sorry guys but I'm out of money again and my husband is threatening to divorce me if I ask him for any more money for postage. I've spent over $500 in postage alone and a few ink cartridges and a new printer. This doesn't sound like much but it's a lot to my poor budget. I have tons of letters at all of the pet stores within driving distance--I have even left addressed envelopes there but the signers must put their own postage on now
            http://berkeleyknebel.wix.com/mississippimorphs

Photo credit:Eddie Ard .....Banner Credit:Big PaPa Ernest

Comment

I sent out 12 letters to Tom Wolfe today.

I'll be hitting up more people for tomorow's mail.

Comment

awesome!!! great work so far, RTB!

right now i'm off to the corporate office for a local pet store chain here in ohio to collect some signatures to KILL S373!!!

Comment

I'll be sending my letters out to Tom Wolfe tomorrow I believe

Too bad I couldn't get the ball rolling for that Reptile show All Animal Expo

Lar M
                  Boas By Klevitz

sigpic

Comment

I will be sending my letters out soon. I have some to pick up from the local pet store but it won't be until I get home. I am currently working about 300 miles from home in charleston sc.

Comment

awesome... can i get a final count of letters per senator from you guys? i wanna see if we'll be able to reach the 500 mark!

i just got back from the corporate office of Jack's Aquarium and Pets (Jack's Aquarium and Pets - Home). they're a medium sized pet store chain here in ohio with 27 locations (with a few stores in indiana and kentucky). the lady i spoke with on the phone took me around to all the cubicles and got signatures FOR me!

she and another guy also said they'd get signatures from the people out in the warehouse, as well as fax copies around to their 27 locations!!! i'm supposed to go back on friday to pick up what i didn't get today. i'm sure they won't get EVERYONE to sign, but if even a couple from each location sign, then 10 or 15 in the warehouse.... SCOOOOOOOORE!!!

almost everyone was really enthusiastic about helping out. the lady who took me around said that they've already been participating through PIJAC, but had not heard of USARK.

i'm excited to see how many more i'll get on friday! i'll ship mine USPS priority mail that day, for delivery on monday or tuesday. JUST IN TIME!

keep it up, RTB!!!

Comment

42 signatures today (thats 42 pairs) will hopfully do about the same tommorrow may a little less. If I sent it regular mail will it make it in time? I ll be sending it out on wednesday afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by ron petri View Post
                          42 signatures today (thats 42 pairs) will hopfully do about the same tommorrow may a little less. If I sent it regular mail will it make it in time? I ll be sending it out on wednesday afternoon.
                          awesome, ron! keep it up!

i looked up some mailing rates on USPS.com...

regular mail may not make it. best option is priority mail (2-3 days) for about $5. for priority mail (from ohio) it will take 2 days. next-day is available, but $15-20. i'll be mailing mine out friday, USPS priority mail with delivery confirmation.

Comment

after work will be picking up the stack I left at our neighborhood pet store. I gave them
                            500 copies 250 for one senator and 250 directly to another.
                            just got a call that all have been signed.

I owe the owner of the pet store and all the workers free oil changes now.

Comment

priority for me then thanks chris I ll give you another number tommorrow.

Comment

Working...
                              X